Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Restarting navigation data update download?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had my maps SD card replaced (MCU1). Going on a road trip tomorrow and would like to get nav working but the download is being finicky. The progress bar is at 100% but the update only downloaded about 1% when the wifi failed. I have a better connection now but can’t get it to restart the download. Tried all resets short of factory reset. Called Tesla and they said they couldn’t do anything remotely: just to wait a day and see what happens.

Attachments

• CC4C6943-ED2E-449B-8A6F-93184387FF36.jpeg
    CC4C6943-ED2E-449B-8A6F-93184387FF36.jpeg
    637.7 KB · Views: 753
Seems they should be able to push it out to you, but then again, it is pushed to the car and the car will eventually retry and sync it up. I don't know how to clear the current download, or make it start now. Unfortunately for you, it may start after your trip . My car downloaded the entire new FSD beta update on Monday using AT&T connection only as I drove 9.5 hours to family Thanksgiving - no wifi anywhere on the trip . Maybe the Nav will download during your trip too.

Seems they should be able to push it out to you, but then again, it is pushed to the car and the car will eventually retry and sync it up. I don't know how to clear the current download, or make it start now. Unfortunately for you, it may start after your trip . My car downloaded the entire new FSD beta update on Monday using AT&T connection only as I drove 9.5 hours to family Thanksgiving - no wifi anywhere on the trip . Maybe the Nav will download during your trip too.
Interesting that it downloaded over cellular. This download refuses to start unless it’s connected to wifi. Maybe you had it hotspotted to your phone?

If your car is stuck on the download for an extended period of time and you’ve tried increasing wifi signal strength and reboots, you might just have a bad navi SD card. Especially if the download stops at the same spot every single time. Tesla can probably remotely diagnose this if you push them enough; just open a ticket in the app.
Tesla quoted me a bit over $200 to replace the card but I opted for MCU2 for $1500 instead.

Just had my maps SD card replaced (MCU1). Going on a road trip tomorrow and would like to get nav working but the download is being finicky. The progress bar is at 100% but the update only downloaded about 1% when the wifi failed. I have a better connection now but can’t get it to restart the download. Tried all resets short of factory reset. Called Tesla and they said they couldn’t do anything remotely: just to wait a day and see what happens.
I had very same. Called CS and requested they push it to my car. They did it in 2 minutes. Be on good WiFi and have your VIN when you call them.

Make sure if you do the MCU2 upgrade that you request a new NAV SD card, as this is usually not replaced in the upgrade, or at least it didn't used to be. They just take the old SD card out of the old MCU and put it in the new one.

If your car is stuck on the download for an extended period of time and you’ve tried increasing wifi signal strength and reboots, you might just have a bad navi SD card. Especially if the download stops at the same spot every single time. Tesla can probably remotely diagnose this if you push them enough; just open a ticket in the app.
Tesla quoted me a bit over $200 to replace the card but I opted for MCU2 for $1500 instead.
Hi,
I have the same issue, If i open the service ticket on the app do I need to pay for it?
Thanks