Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Retractable Roof Sunshade is on Sale!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
邮件回复页面6.jpg

Thanksgiving is the best timing to say thank you to your friends and family.

As a small team, we would like to thank everyone who has supported our FullShade - The First Retractable Roof Sunshade for Tesla on our Kickstarter project. That means a lot to us. We received many positive feedbacks from the Tesla community and we feel so grateful.

What is FullShade?

FullShade is the first retractable, one-piece integrated roof sunshade solution for Tesla Model Y and Model 3 (2 pieces). It is the ONLY roof sunshade that provides the best heat and sunlight block out, yet still gives you easy access to the glass roof. It's an all-around upgrade from traditional fabric roof sunshade on the market and it is the ultimate roof sunshade that saves every Tesla owner's summer!
20220823-162955.jpg

• FullShade is retractable: Unlike fabric sunshades, FullShade allows users to open or close anywhere and anytime. They will never need to deal with setup and removal in every day driving.
  • Block 100% sunlight & reduce 85% heat transmission: Thanks to the innovative material we use, it keeps cabin temperature at a reasonable level and largely reduces AC usage and extends battery mileage in hot summer or in cold winter.
  • Perfect fit, perfect appearance: FullShade integrates into the car roof perfectly with a nice appearance and a perfect fit. So it does not sag like traditional fabric shades; it won't make any noises when driving.
  • Easy, no-damage, DIY level installation: No drilling, no mark that will permanent damage your glass roof. Comprehensive installation guide comes in the package and it will take within 30mins to set up.
Use promotion code EDMBF15 to get the deepest promotion discount for the year! Limited stock available during Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

Visit our webpage:
Visit our Amazon store:

邮件回复页面2 Model Y.gif

Last edited:
Actually it's back on Amazon as of this morning for $259 (the one you are talking about is the one piece version) and available for delivery on Thursday. I'm debating canceling my order and ordering it this way so if there are any issues it can be returned without hassle. It would be a $9+ tax hit.
I see only the model 3 version on Amazon. Anyone see the new Model Y version on Amazon?

just got shipping notice from the preorder.. so its moving along
Just got mine. Along with this email:

Dear valued customer,

Hope this email finds you well. This is the Otrifowd Team and we want to express our heartfelt gratitude for choosing Fullshade as your preferred for sunshade solution.

We have recently become aware of some compatibility issues reported by a portion of our customers after the delivery of the 2.0 version. In light of this, our team and manufacturing partners have conducted in-depth investigations to identify the root cause of these concerns and explore the solutions. If you have experienced any dissatisfaction with our product, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and want to assure you that we are committed to finding satisfactory solutions. At the same time, we have decided to bear losses to reduce the price of the product, and we would accept any price match request for the 2.0 Model Y Fullshade.

At Otrifowd, our mission has always been to deliver high-quality products. Since the inception of our 1.0 version, we have received an overwhelming amount of positive feedback, which inspired us to expand our reach and offer more users access to our innovative sunshade solutions. This led to the development of our cost-efficient 2.0 version, crafted with improved materials and assembly methods, ensuring even better value for more customers. While the 2.0 version may not be a flawless Tesla sunshade solution, please believe that, as Tesla users ourselves, we empathize with everyone's desire for an even better driving experience. We are continuously working on optimizing our product offerings and supply chain to deliver improved solutions and reciprocate the trust you have placed in us.

We truly appreciate your trust in our brand and product. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with your concerns, and we will do our utmost to ensure a satisfactory resolution.

Sincerely,
Otrifowd Team
Not quite sure what to make of this.

I got mine last week for $225 with a 10% discount. Installed it yesterday. Overall I'm very satisfied with it. The frame pieces need to be assembled. Watching the install video helps alot. The My only real complaint is that, once the frame is installed, there were uneven gaps in the corners that are visible from inside the car. They supply double back tape to secure the fabric in the corners but it doesn't hold. I ending up using gel superglue to join the pieces together in the front 2 corners. The sunshade works great, blocks a lot of heat. The fabric in the frame matches perfectly with the headliner. The magnets that hold the 2 shades together, when closed are strong.

The tape is completely worthless. I had better luck with dual sided foam tape. I have the same gap in the front. Ultimately, I decided I could live with it, and the shade blocks the heat so well, it might not be a bad idea for it to breathe a bit with our crazy heat.

I will add, with the shade closed, it is not silent either. It does make some noise on rough surfaces.

It’s still the best solution I’ve found for my needs.

The tape is completely worthless. I had better luck with dual sided foam tape. I have the same gap in the front. Ultimately, I decided I could live with it, and the shade blocks the heat so well, it might not be a bad idea for it to breathe a bit with our crazy heat.

I will add, with the shade closed, it is not silent either. It does make some noise on rough surfaces.

It’s still the best solution I’ve found for my needs.
I had a two piece “foldable” roof shade prior that was silver lined (top side). That did a much better job at rejecting heat while sacrificing the view (almost completely opaque due to the silver lining).

What size foam tape did you use?

Also, another problem I’m having is the metal grab handle (not exactly a handle) gets very hot and makes it hard to use IMO.

I have had very poor and difficult customer service response from the company in trying to return the unopened product for a full refund and getting them to pay for return shipping. At this point they have essentially said I need to pay for the return shipping since I'm not returning due to a quality issue, however they have admitted it's a quality issue in their mass email to customers who recently received the product noting it has compatibility issues and would refund to match their current 199.99 price. Anyone looking to buy this just do so from Amazon for easier return process and not have to deal with company directly

I have had very poor and difficult customer service response from the company in trying to return the unopened product for a full refund and getting them to pay for return shipping. At this point they have essentially said I need to pay for the return shipping since I'm not returning due to a quality issue, however they have admitted it's a quality issue in their mass email to customers who recently received the product noting it has compatibility issues and would refund to match their current 199.99 price. Anyone looking to buy this just do so from Amazon for easier return process and not have to deal with company directly
Exactly -
Anyone looking to buy this just do so from Amazon for easier return process and not have to deal with company directly

which fabric glue is availble to fix the issue? superglue is going to make fabric brittle and I doubt will hold long term.
3M VHB tape prob won't stick well to fabric. How about hot glue gun?

But yeah, this company has burnt all the preorder folks. I just got mine and it's missing a clip, they just shipped it 'FROM CHINA'! The aluminum frame seems sturdy and the blind looks decent but the fabric material is dollar store quality.

I quite liked this company up until now, in the future i'm not buying any more otrifowd products until I see a few hundred VERIFIED 5 star reviews on that product.

I can't speak to the Y version, but I have the 3 version. It has been awesome and the best sunshade I've tried in any of my Teslas. That would be a total of 7 so far between my 3, Y and 2 S's. Really cuts down on the heat and looks nice. Good color match with the interior as well.