Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Return to service center 3 times within 2 months!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MingMan,
Regarding the Ultra High Fidelity Sound System. It depends on your music source. If you plan on listening to high quality sources then the premium sound system is worth it. For example, you will be using the USB ports and music recorded in a lossless format like FLAC. If you will be listening to local radio or internet radio the signal quality is not that great. Consequently, the sound from either the regular or premium sound system is not that great either. If you do not plan on using good quality sources then the basic sound system may be good enough.

I have 500GB SSD drive with music recorded in FLAC format. I have recorded some of the same songs in MP3 format to compare and the difference is huge. If you go to the service center they have the ability to demonstrate MP3 vs FLAC recordings of the same music so you can hear the difference. Talk to Tee Wong if you want this demo. Or I can meet you and demo it for you on my car with the premium sound system.

Notes on upgrading: If you think you may want to upgrade later here in HK, then I suggest getting the factory premium system first and then investing in good quality music sources. In a comparison with someone who spent tens of thousands of HK$ to upgrade afterwards and it wasn't as good as the factory system except for thumping bass. He also listened primarily to internet radio. Afterwards he said he should have spent his money on better quality music than hardware.

MingMan,
Regarding the Ultra High Fidelity Sound System. It depends on your music source. If you plan on listening to high quality sources then the premium sound system is worth it. For example, you will be using the USB ports and music recorded in a lossless format like FLAC. If you will be listening to local radio or internet radio the signal quality is not that great. Consequently, the sound from either the regular or premium sound system is not that great either. If you do not plan on using good quality sources then the basic sound system may be good enough.

I have 500GB SSD drive with music recorded in FLAC format. I have recorded some of the same songs in MP3 format to compare and the difference is huge. If you go to the service center they have the ability to demonstrate MP3 vs FLAC recordings of the same music so you can hear the difference. Talk to Tee Wong if you want this demo. Or I can meet you and demo it for you on my car with the premium sound system.

Notes on upgrading: If you think you may want to upgrade later here in HK, then I suggest getting the factory premium system first and then investing in good quality music sources. In a comparison with someone who spent tens of thousands of HK$ to upgrade afterwards and it wasn't as good as the factory system except for thumping bass. He also listened primarily to internet radio. Afterwards he said he should have spent his money on better quality music than hardware.

Many thanks for the detailed explanation, EBill. I will stick to the original sound system as I do not have high quality sources. Also, I listen to the local radios most of the time when driving.

Sadly I encountered similar situation as you were in 2 months.

1. After first week, rear vents was found disconnected from the main (need 2 days to fix).
2. After 4 weeks, Left handle was malfunction and needed to replace (Need only one day to fix) & CS deliveried my car back to my home.
3. Yesterday Automatic Emergency braking and Traction Control alert were on. CS sent a service van to bring my car to service center. Most like will spend a week to check.

Driving Model S is fun. CS is impressive but quality control need to improve.