Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 disabling Traction Control, ABS, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

So the other day I was driving down the highway, hit a bump (nothing crazy, just a moderate bump on the highway) and all my safety features disabled (traction control, abs, emergency braking). Today about a week later, I am trying to race autocross and by the second turn, the same thing keeps happening.

Any idea what's going on? Do I have a loose connection somewhere? I would say a loose fuse but I don't believe these have fuses?

Hopefully there is a quick fix, because driving this thing without any help on this autox course is challenging haha

I think I've heard people disable traction/stability control/abs by unplugging an abs sensor on one of the wheels. I suggest checking the abs sensor wires for any sign or wear/cut.

EDIT: No, there aren't any typical fuses, they are e-fuses that reset when the car sleeps.
Thanks for the info! I checked the wheel that I thought was causing the issue. Didn't see any issues with the sensor. Unfortunately didn't have time to check them all in between races but when looking through the wheels I couldn't see anything obvious. Have service scheduled since I'm well within my warranty period, so I will update with what Tesla says.

Reactions: GtiMart
@atvrida92 drift is right, if your alignment is off it’ll set off all those warnings and disable. I found out when resetting my alignment back from AX to street settings and didn’t realize I forgot to lock the steering wheel. The alignment was off a bit and test drove it and got a bunch of warnings and TC disabled. Fixed the alignment and all’s good now.

If it‘s not your alignment then has to be a sensor or wiring problem. BTW did you find out what the problem was?