Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reverse camera dark during daylight - MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently, I am unable to see anything in the reverse camera when I am reversing during daylight. At night time or dusk, I can see the camera image when reversing. Any one else having this problem? Any solutions?

Started noticing this for the past month or so.

Any suggestions appreicated.

Ditto, I think. I notice it on mine when I am backing out of my garage into the light. It stays dark until I put it in drive, then it looks like it changes modes. However, if it is already bright when I put it in reverse, it seems OK.

Ditto, I think. I notice it on mine when I am backing out of my garage into the light. It stays dark until I put it in drive, then it looks like it changes modes. However, if it is already bright when I put it in reverse, it seems OK.
For me it is the opposite. When I reverse out of my garage its ok. But when I am at a shopping center during day light and try to reverse the camera is completely useless. I can not see anything. I have to look around and reverse slowly just like when we had no reverse camera in the past.

My problem seems to happen when I reverse in broad day light. I can see nothing, just vague. But when I reverse out of my garage I am fine day or night.

I should qualify the statement.. I live in Upstate NY. And it has been cloudy and not very bright during daytime. Not sure if this makes any difference.

Any other Buffalo/Syracuse/Rochester/Utica model Y owners have this issue?
Thanks.

For me it is the opposite. When I reverse out of my garage its ok. But when I am at a shopping center during day light and try to reverse the camera is completely useless. I can not see anything. I have to look around and reverse slowly just like when we had no reverse camera in the past.

My problem seems to happen when I reverse in broad day light. I can see nothing, just vague. But when I reverse out of my garage I am fine day or night.
I go nothin'. I did not expect the literal opposite of what I am experiencing.