Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reversing issues in new MYP = accident

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My LC200 was reversed into a pillar at the Stealership while it was being serviced. It had a reversing camera and USS.

These cameras and what not, are just aids. It didn't have auto emergency brake, but even if it did, the responsibility lies with the wingnut behind the steering wheel.

Rocketman thinks he can replace the Wingnut. Maybe. But currently the results are nowhere near replacement.

I've been watching Ytubers of various kinds predicting Wingnut replacement as "just around the corner" for years. One in particular has not changed his prediction for several years now - he keeps saying 6months or end of the year. I guess at some stage he will say "I told you so". 🤣

Horns started loudly beeping, I panic stopped to see the LandCruiser directly behind me was also reversing directly into me.

Honestly, there's no substitute for keeping a proper lookout when reversing. The side mirrors are good. And the reversing camera is excellent. Large, clear and wide-angled, and most importantly, it pops up almost instantaneously.

The reverse camera in my VW could take 6-7 seconds to display after reverse gear was selected.

I would agree that the central mirror provides a limited view, due in part to the "fastback" style hatch. But the reverse camera and side mirrors are very clear.

# Most Japanese/European cars have had all these for decades.. .

Yet the Landcruiser did the same as you?

Last edited: