Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Revisiting the Indicator light needed for Autonomous driving! We need an external light!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently the OP does not feel like he is really in control. If so, he may need a flashing pizza sign to warn others.

In fact, pizza or food delivering drivers, like DoorDash, should use self driving, as I noticed sometime that
while the driver whas looking for an address number, the dirver gets distracted and ran a red light,
a stop sign, or didn't notice a pedetrian crossing a street.

The car is pretty chaotic while on AP, which is what im assuming OP is referring to.
I absolutely love using it, but refuse to when in mid speed traffic situations. I even am reluctant sometimes in stop and go traffic as its braking and acceleration characteristics are just plain stupid.

I am against the light tho - makes no sense to me
Maybe there should be an external indicator light when the car first detects the driver is not currently monitoring. So for Tesla that would be when it's flashing blue to tell you to touch the steering wheel or it has warned that the interior camera has detected a violation.

After all, the car has decided that you may not be fully attentive or in control. Maybe other drivers should know that too.