Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reward Powerwall UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK I've been waiting over a year for the Powerwall due from the last reward scheme. I did wait over 6 months for wheels, so I wasn't expecting a quick turn around. However on this reward and lack of, customer service is silent on this matter. Don't even answer e-mails.

Has anyone in the UK actually received a Powerwall? I only ask as I want one to compliment my new micro generation and I'll buy one if they don't look like following through.

Our referral PowerWall 2 has just been delivered, install in Monday, cannot wait :).

48994903898_f84f08db42_c_d.jpg

Reactions: -DB-
Nice. Shame about the time of year if you have Solar.

There's still plenty of scope to make good use of sunshine with a Powerwall at this time of year though. I had three days this week where I was fully charged (Powerwall 2) and fed the grid using no grid at all Monday Tuesday Wednesday. Ignore Thursday as I took delivery of a Nissan LEAF and charged it up late afternoon on a rainy day. We're still on fixed tariff waiting for Octopus to switch us to Agile so there's no benefit to charging it at specific times at the moment but I still used the (partly) sunny days to experiment and try to establish a routine ready for the variable tariff. I reckon making (theoretical) money from the grid in the dying days of October for over half the week is pretty good fare. Whichever way, I've become a solar stats bore that's for sure!

Regarding the referral with anything outside cars, I just got our local approved installer to whack one in from stock. Whilst I did use a referral code for the Model 3 purchase, I do think you can become too engrossed in saving a few quid somewhere then wait for so long that you'd have saved more just having one put in. I'm not even sure what the referral program was for the Powerwall 2 so please enlighten me if I've just done myself out of shedloads of dosh in my haste :)

IMG_1883.PNG

I do think you can become too engrossed in saving a few quid somewhere then wait for so long that you'd have saved more just having one put in

Although ... the referral prize is worth £7,500+ ...

I only ask as I want one to compliment my new micro generation and I'll buy one if they don't look like following through.

One option (if you use enough juice, or produce loads from PV/etc., would be to install a bog-standard PowerWall and have installer do it in readiness for arrival of, second, Referral PowerWall. Tesla are (AFAIK) agnostic about who does the install, so should be possible to have your original installer do the 2nd one, after Tesla deliver it ... so whatever arrangements you made, with Installer, for 2nd one should hold good.

I believe Tesla sent out a "Would you prefer Cash instead of Wait for PowerWall" offer some months back - did you get that? and if that offer was turned down they then sent out a survey; also that Tesla were offering an upgrade (can't remember what it was, something to do with inverter or somesuch; I'm guessing: perhaps the ability to charge from both PV and Off Peak grid ... something like that)

I'm not even sure what the referral program was for the Powerwall 2 so please enlighten me if I've just done myself out of shedloads of dosh in my haste :)

Just before the 3 was in mass production Tesla ran several referral programs, ranging from home chargers all the way through to brand new cars. Borjn on YouTube has had a new X, S, and I think x2 Roadsters coming!

But thats all in the past, referrals these days just get you miles and a lottery ticket for a Y, ans Borjn sounds like his still getting hundreds of referrals so some like him is most likely to win.

Reactions: jimbo_hippo
Just before the 3 was in mass production Tesla ran several referral programs, ranging from home chargers all the way through to brand new cars. Borjn on YouTube has had a new X, S, and I think x2 Roadsters coming!

But thats all in the past, referrals these days just get you miles and a lottery ticket for a Y, ans Borjn sounds like his still getting hundreds of referrals so some like him is most likely to win.

Fair point and that's some series reward!

that's some series reward!

Although ... cheap for a company that does no conventional advertising.

Quite a lot of those will have been "I'll take you for a demo ride, explain everything about the car, answer all your pre-sales questions, and just maybe you will use my referral code" ... well ... I know I did :)

And then Tesla got a call "I'd like to buy one; Don't need any sales help/cost, My Spouse and I have got all the info we need to make the purchase-decision" :)

Genius!

500,000 people placed a $1,000 deposit for a Model-3 ... years before they got one.

Genius!

There was an event (Silverstone I think) where hundreds of Tesla owners pitched up and took prospective punters for demo-rides. All day long.

When I went with Sprog to pick up M3 back in June there were Owners there helping out ... it was busy that day, I doubt those folk even had time for a free cup of coffee!

Must royally-P off the competition !

Reactions: jimbo_hippo
There's still plenty of scope to make good use of sunshine with a Powerwall at this time of year though. I had three days this week where I was fully charged (Powerwall 2) and fed the grid using no grid at all Monday Tuesday Wednesday.

How big is your PV (~7kWp?) ? I bet nowhere near the sizes that most mere mortals have! Or have I mis understood the graph or you filling up from grid?

Last edited:
How big is your PV (~7kWp?) ? I bet nowhere near the sizes that most mere mortals have! Or have I mis understood the graph or you filling up from grid?
Vanilla, (if I may be so bold as to call you that)..... :) I have 6kW of panels with a good south facing roof and a garage roof for the tail-end at sunset. The graph is total used in a day. Maybe this graph will be more useful. No cars charging on any of these figures as I had no EV before Thursday.

You're correct about grim days though. Whist this was a good chunk of sunshine, yesterday and today have been dire and the only use for the Powerwall would be to charge it off-peak and bridge the peak period with its contents effectively making it cheaper. Negligible sun in Lancashire (as usual) for last two days!

IMG_1886.PNG

Last edited:
Just the standard 4KW FIT stuff, I was surprised to see even in the gloomy weather today at one point the panels hit 0.5KW.

We are doing a house extension soon, am certainly going to get more solar PV, another 4KW would be nice, but no idea on cost yet. Shame Tesla solar roof is no where near ready in the UK.

@jimbo_hippo When does the 'advanced' controls appear on the App, is it roughly 1 week after the install?

49018688686_6a6a3e20d0_w_d.jpg