Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

REWIRE SECURITY 104-PRO Tracker set-up questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have bought this and set up the SIM card and the online tracking. I am using it powered from its own battery so am keen to configure it to minimise battery use. I wondered if anyone else uses this tracker and has any tips on setting it up? Basically I think I need a fairly simple setup so that I get a message (text) if the car is moved or broken into (vibration sensor) and then an appropriate tracking interval to follow its progress if it is ever taken. Any other tips most welcome. Thanks

Good point but two reasons - Tesla have still to register our ownership so the app is currently functional; the more important one is that I have read that its relatively easy for a thief to disable the inbuilt tracking. Overall its a very modest investment in comparison to the value of the asset.

Reactions: TheManofMead
Sorry I was a bit late, been really busy with the Corona, family and buying a new Tesla. It was in the manual so I thought you could find it with a quick search.

There are 2 options to conserve battery:

18.2 Standby With Shock Sensor

In standby with shock sensor mode, 104-PRO will enter sleep mode if it has been stationary (no vibration) for 5 minutes. GPS module and LED lights will shut off, GSM module will still stay ON. As the GSM module will be ON, you will still be able to communicate with the unit directly. Vibration, movement, sending SMS commands or Calling the 104-PRO will wake it back up. To activate send SMS command: "sleep+password+space+shock".

Example: sleep123456 shock
Response: sleep shock ok!

18.4 Schedule Work Standby Mode

In scheduled work standby mode, 104-PRO is able to switch itself OFF and only wake up at pre-set intervals. When it wakes up it will work for 5 minutes, report its location (SMS or Internet) and switch OFF. If you are using your 104- PRO in live, internet tracking mode and would like to use schedule work mode, you will also have to activate less GPRS mode. If GPRS economy mode is not active the auto interval update will override the schedule standby and keep your tracker awake.
To activate schedule work standby mode send schedule work sms command and GRPS economy mode command; "schedule+password+space+time interval" and "less+space+gprs+password+space+on"

Time interval settings are ; m= minutes , h=hours, d= days. Maximum schedule setting is 30 days.
Example: schedule123456 30m
Example: schedule123456 5h
Example: less gprs123456 on
Response: sleep shock ok!

Schedule work standby mode will provide the longest standby duration as power usage will always stay at minimum possible levels. GPS, GSM modules and the shock sensor will switch off and only the timer will be consuming power. Please see approximate battery standby durations below;
2 updates per day = 8 months 4 updates per day = 4 months 8 updates per day = 8 weeks 24 updates per day = 4 weeks

To cancel schedule work standby mode send SMS command: "noschedule+password"

Example: noschedule123456
Response: noschedule ok!

All 18. Standby Modes - in the manual help manage battery life and you can simply set an alert for movement from the "Alerts" menu to receive notifications. If you want, I can explain it as well.