Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Richard's Body Shop @ Lawrence Ave. Chicago, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Richard's Body Shop???
Have anyone got any repair done here?
Question, I have checked the reviews, they are not the best, and also every body shop in chicagoland is backlog til Feb or Mar. but this body shop have opening this week. Why? Is there a reason they are free and could work on repairing tesla right away? I am a little worried it will become a nightmare if I bring it in for repairs.

Got into an accident on xmas day in my Tesla 3. Richards gave a 12000 estimate for the damage, where labor was a good 15 to 20 percent over parts. They're currently fighting with Progressive to get full payment and are threatening to charge me any difference.

I'm not sure if everything on their estimate is needed, and their labor rate seems excessive. They came by referral from my Tesla Service center...doesn't mean they're the best though.

Did you follow up with Richards? I'll post back the rest of my experience.

Thanks

Richard's Body Shop???
Have anyone got any repair done here?
Question, I have checked the reviews, they are not the best, and also every body shop in chicagoland is backlog til Feb or Mar. but this body shop have opening this week. Why? Is there a reason they are free and could work on repairing tesla right away? I am a little worried it will become a nightmare if I bring it in for repairs.
I work at Richards and the reason they have openings this week is because they preorder the parts so that they can get cars in and out quickly without having to wait months for back-ordered parts. We try to essentially keep almost all parts for model 3/Y as we fix so many of them. About 85% of our repairs are for Teslas. Did you end up bringing it in for repairs? If so how was your experience?

Got into an accident on xmas day in my Tesla 3. Richards gave a 12000 estimate for the damage, where labor was a good 15 to 20 percent over parts. They're currently fighting with Progressive to get full payment and are threatening to charge me any difference.

I'm not sure if everything on their estimate is needed, and their labor rate seems excessive. They came by referral from my Tesla Service center...doesn't mean they're the best though.

Did you follow up with Richards? I'll post back the rest of my experience.

Thanks
Our rates are pretty standard for Tesla-certified collision centers and I'm sure you were given a good estimate we fix many Teslas every day. I'm sorry Progressive was giving you issues. How was the rest of your experience?