Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ride quality seems good when tyres at cold pressure, too firm when tyres warm up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Neat, I didn't know Tesla fits 18" performance tires from the factory for some markets (I see you're in the UK). Were the 18" PS4S standard or did you check an option for them?
They don't. These are not PS4S's they are PS4's. Different tire. Yes, it's confusing, but blame Michelin.

However, its unclear that these actually ever came on a Tesla stock.

They don't. These are not PS4S's they are PS4's. Different tire. Yes, it's confusing, but blame Michelin.

However, its unclear that these actually ever came on a Tesla stock.
Ah I do remember seeing PS4 - not PS4S! - in 235/35R18 Tesla spec on tire shop websites. I don't recall ever finding a way to spec 18" summer tires from the factory on Tesla USA Model 3 config page though.

I guess this explains why those tires exist, they're factory fitment in other markets. Nice of Michelin to sell them in the US anyways, though even Michelin seems to steer consumer tire buyers towards the PS4S over the PS4.

Ah I do remember seeing PS4 - not PS4S! - in 235/35R18 Tesla spec on tire shop websites. I don't recall ever finding a way to spec 18" summer tires from the factory on Tesla USA Model 3 config page though.

I guess this explains why those tires exist, they're factory fitment in other markets. Nice of Michelin to sell them in the US anyways, though even Michelin seems to steer consumer tire buyers towards the PS4S over the PS4.
Whoops, sorry for the confusion. I checked and indeed I have Pilot Sport 4 (not 4S).

I lowered mine from recommended 42 to 39. Didn't seem to make a difference, but got the amber TPMS warning which was still showing when they warmed up to 40 (but only on the front tyres). I'm booked in for a service so added this to the list as I thought TPMS warnings were triggered at -20% or about 34 psi.