TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ride to TESLIVE in Bay Area

Discussion in 'TMC Connect' started by lorih, Jun 11, 2013.

1. lorih

lorih Member

I live in Mountain View. I see lots of Tesla's on the road in the mid-Pennisula. Any chance one of you is going to TESLIVE and I could catch a ride with you Friday to Milpitas? -Lori

2. lorih

lorih Member

I see lots of people have viewed this post but no one has contacted me yet, so let's see if I can make this deal sweeter.

1) Karma points: I have been a Tesla enthusiast and an investor since 2010, (more like a Tesla geek the way Trekies, like Star Trek...). I came down with a neurological disease in 2011 so I can no longer drive (sigh, there went my freedom AND my fantasy of owning Model S!), so you'd be doing a disabled woman a favor.

2) Normally I'd say "I'll pay for gas" but since I gather most people on this forum going to Teslive already own a Tesla that's a moot point, so I'll offer to pay for a "Starbucks Run" or "cash for ride".

So..is there anyone in the Pennisula area willing to give me a ride to from Mountain View CA to TESLIVE on Friday?

-Lori

3. huntjo

huntjo Member

Lori I'm still debating whether to drive or fly, but if I drive I'll pick you up.

4. lorih

lorih Member

Thanks Huntjo

But if you are coming from CO, I am out of your way. You'd have to drive an extra 1/2 hr after a long trip. I'll keep it in mind, but I don't want to be a burden.

-Lori

5. Bugeater

Bugeater Member

LoriH,
    My wife and I live in Los Altos. We'd be happy to pick you up. What days are you attending?

b u g e a t e r @ b u g e a t e r . o r g

TVB

6. GasDoc

GasDoc Member

I'll be driving to Teslive from the Peninsula on Friday. I can give you a ride.

Do you have a ride back? I'm staying there Friday night.

7. lorih

lorih Member

Wow so much love on this forum...I have now gotten offers for a ride from as far away as Salt Lake City and Fort Collins, to as local as can be. I will have to change the name of my weekend from TESLIVE to TESLOVE.

I've been responding to everyone individually, and keep 'jumping ship' from one potential Friday ride to another in order to find that ride that leasts inconveniences the driver.

Fortcollins- (Thanks Huntjo!), and Salt Lake City- (Thanks MikeL!) would have meant a drive a bit out of the way. Then there was the group coming from from SFO (Thanks augkuo!) (on the way, but you would still have to get off the freeway and back on)...so I'm now left with two potential rides from the locals (Thanks Bugeater and GasDoc!) (And also a thank you to kevin99 though I passed up on his offer because he is probably not going on Friday).

So the question is, which of you will be coming by Mountain View in the early afternoon on Friday?

I'm staying over until after the Sunday drive, and have a ride back then with Kipernicus (Thanks Kipernicus!), so I'm good for the rest of the weekend.

A big thank you to everyone for your generosity. Originally I was just excited to go to TESLIVE to 'geek out' with other 'tesla-heads', now I'm excited to meet all the wonderful people on this forum!

see you soon
    Lori
    :biggrin:

8. kevin99

kevin99 Banned

Lori, I still keep my late afternoon schedule open. If you don't find a ride by 5, reach me and that will give me one more reason to go!