Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ridiculous lead time on a service appointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my Model S 85D since March of 2016. It has 53,000 miles on it, so the basic warranty is up and I did not get the extended. The 2nd door handle just went (passenger side front) so every time someone wants to get in the car, I have to get out and let them in or do gymnastics to stretch across the front to open the door. Last time it was driver’s door, which was much worse.

Anyway, just tried to schedule an appointment with their new “easy” app feature, and it gave me a first appointment of April 12th and wants me to go to a service center that is twice as far and more than 4 times the travel time due to the traffic (closest one for me is Syosset, NY, and it gave me an appointment in Brooklyn). In the repair world, this is an easy one, with probably less than an hour of labor.

I keep my cars a long time, and am probably only halfway through my use of this one, so I expect minor issues here an there. Is this the future of Tesla service? If it is, they will lose a customer.

Scheduling through the app will always result in an appointment that is further out than you should be able to get by calling -- this from the service center I worked with for the driver's door handle on my S. I know that the hold times aren't fun, but you should be able to get an earlier appointment that way.

I have had my Model S 85D since March of 2016. It has 53,000 miles on it, so the basic warranty is up and I did not get the extended. The 2nd door handle just went (passenger side front) so every time someone wants to get in the car, I have to get out and let them in or do gymnastics to stretch across the front to open the door. Last time it was driver’s door, which was much worse.

Anyway, just tried to schedule an appointment with their new “easy” app feature, and it gave me a first appointment of April 12th and wants me to go to a service center that is twice as far and more than 4 times the travel time due to the traffic (closest one for me is Syosset, NY, and it gave me an appointment in Brooklyn). In the repair world, this is an easy one, with probably less than an hour of labor.

I keep my cars a long time, and am probably only halfway through my use of this one, so I expect minor issues here an there. Is this the future of Tesla service? If it is, they will lose a customer.

Booking: Where would you like service? | North East Tesla Mobile Service - Routezilla

The online appointment system is pretty much broken IMHO. Apparently some (most?) of the service centers simply don't put many of their service slots into the system. Back in Dec, the Watertown SC listed zero available slots in Jan! I called and got an appointment in the first week. If I just used the online system it would have been Feb.

And before anyone proposes that they're keeping slots open for emergencies, walk-ins, favorite nieces, etc. They kept 100% of the slots out of the system!