Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Right rear cargo area trim not flush

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else having this problem?
20200921_061450.jpg

I have had Tesla try to repair and replace this trim piece..three times with no luck. They are ordering another new part for the fourth time to fix this issue.

Looks like there may be a pin bent/crushed stuck in between the panel/foam and the body. The trim is held in place by a series of plastic pins, I have found that in the true Tesla build haste, some of the pins actually don't find the hole and get bent/crushed. I had to replace at least a half dozen pins in the trunk area when I was DIY'ing a trunk kick sensor.

I have the same issue.
IMG_2575.JPG

But I think the problem is caused by the mis-aligned lift gate the SC claimed it's "within spec"
IMG_2573.JPG

The left side gap is much wider than the right side.
IMG_2574.JPG

Since the lift gate is mis-aligned, the lift gate inner trim piece is rubbing against the rubber seal on the right side and pull it apart when the lift gate is opened.

I have the same issue.
View attachment 618619

But I think the problem is caused by the mis-aligned lift gate the SC claimed it's "within spec"
View attachment 618620

View attachment 618617

Since the lift gate is mis-aligned, the lift gate inner trim piece is rubbing against the rubber seal on the right side and pull it apart when the lift gate is opened.

The service center adjusted the hatch, the rubber trim piece doesn't pop out anymore.

I have the same issue.
View attachment 618619

View attachment 618620

View attachment 618617

My misaligned trim piece is on the passenger side of the cargo area. Is your's on the actually hatch?