Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Right side electronics malfunctioning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i'm really happy with my 2015 lefthand drive P85DL, but as of a few days the right side electronics (Folding mirror, doorhandles, electric windows) instantly stopped working.

At first I thought the mirror(motor) was broken, but I figured that the both right side doorhandles weren't presenting themselves as well and yesterday noticed the electric windows on the right side weren't functioning either.

I just received a quote from Tesla to replace the entire mirror and doorhandles, which I declined, because I am sure these parts didn't malfunction all at once.

Any ideas on which fuse number this could be and in which fuse box? I would prefer Tesla service to do it, but if it's really just a simple swap I'm fine doing it myself.

Any help much appreciated!

This happened to me after a visit to the service center. Noticed it on my drive home. They were messing with something in the front passenger door. Apparently they had to disconnect some wires to get in there and they did not securely plug the wire harness back in. Mobile service came out and fixed it. Just unplugged it and plugged it back in completely. They also did a reset of the right side electronics somehow. Everything is back to normal.

I would have them check that before replacing parts.

I agree it sounds like a single point of failure, like a connector. CAN bus is bidirectional so you'd think it would throw an error if it hasn't heard from so many devices. But maybe they don't implement that. Some of the Tesla hackers would know since they run the MCU on a bench with none of these things connected.

Thanks!
It turns out the fuse for the right side of the car was indeed blown. But the passenger side door handle (which, according to the Tesla Mobile technician, was an “older” model) was broken and caused a short circuit. Eventually he replaced the front door handle and fuse and everything worked again.

I have a 2015 Right Hand Drive 85D with the same issue.. with the fuse Blown! (F233) thanks for the info, will disconnect the door handle from the door loom to see if the fuse stays good and hopefully everything else on that side starts working