Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rim edge protection?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did your ali chinese protectors appear to have 3M adhesive?

Yes, regular stuff. It didn't have the lip to make it easier to align, so when the wheel is spinning it's obviously vibrating up and down. Fine when still and fine at speed. Probably just around town. Cannot see spending so much more for that lip. I glued the ends down this morning so I shouldn't be sheading anymore of it as I drive.

-Randy

I was in Asia bored and surf on Aliexpress for little things for my MODEL 3. Got two sets for under 40 bucks. Two piece black/ red and black/black 3M based adhesive and looks like the higher priced versions available in the states. Took about rwo weeks to arrive.

Here is image of the red/black.
one set is enough to do all 4 wheels? Thanks!

Sadly this is a huge problem with the sports wheels on the M3. Primarily because, as shown in many photos (and you can see for yourself), the rims extend past the tires of the car for better cornering. My poor car has unfortunately suffered from this issue recently. And I didnt even park anywhere. I think it was probably a pothole or some crap on the road that flied at or through my tires/wheels. The best solution I've found, which I'm going to try, but haven't yet, are the Evannex aftermarket wheel bands. I think there is a promotion that is still running if you use the promo code elonbucks

I can't endorse the product because I haven't tried it yet, but it seems to be a solution. Someone also recommended RimBlades. The roads are rough. The wheels are big. They're going to get messed up. Not much we can do about it except try to protect the rims. I'd say if this doesn't work I may go to 18" - or - who cares and replace the wheels when they are sufficiently messed up. Sad but it happens. Its just the design of the wheel.

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors