Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RN1149 and earlier, still waiting group!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did your store say you have a soft match?
Yes. Had the exact same conversation you described. They were like VIN should pop around the 10th of March, Gate date shows “x” it was like a week later plus shipping and they expected my car to arrive the third week of March. For me, none of it came true. 3 days into my EDD in march I was slapped with a July -September EDD. About a week later it updated to what it shows now. Wide range EOQ 2.

We picked up our S on Saturday. The repainted back panel was perfect. The scratched console replacement had not been replaced as the pats hadn't arrived. Surprisingly the tires were the Pirelli summer tires. I had talked and texted with them several times about this and still... They have agreed to replace them and asked if I wanted to keep the summer tires. I have no use for them in Montana. I love the car. I've only driven older S's and found them to feel a lot larger and heavier than my 3 but this does not. I'm a fan of the yoke. Took only a short time to adapt.
The current software is from last year. Hope it updates soon.

Yes. Had the exact same conversation you described. They were like VIN should pop around the 10th of March, Gate date shows “x” it was like a week later plus shipping and they expected my car to arrive the third week of March. For me, none of it came true. 3 days into my EDD in march I was slapped with a July -September EDD. About a week later it updated to what it shows now. Wide range EOQ 2.

I’m sorry to hear ☹️ So is your EDD still July-September?

Pre-RN1150 DELIVERIES CONFIRMED - do we no longer have rights to post in this thread?:

B-lon 1143 - RED - VIN received 3/9
VikH 1147 - BLUE - VIN received 3/4, Delivered 3/19
BruceR61 1146 - MSM - VIN received 3/21; delivered 3/23
Mairsile 1143 - MSM - VIN received 3/10 ; delivered 3/25
IslandStyle 1149 - MSM - VIN received 3/21 ; delivered 3/28
Ray_R 1149 - WHITE - Reassigned a RED VIN EOQ - Delivered 3/30
Kokopuffs45 1149 - WHITE- VIN received 3/21 - Delivered 3/31

Pre-RN1150 WITH VIN (but no confirmation if delivered):

:(

Pre-RN 1150 (NO VIN AND IN WAITING PURGATORY)

EightYears 1149 - RED
luehrsen 1144 - BLACK (Overseas order)
pkrk 1147 - MSM (Overseas order)
Bipin 1143 - WHITE
Mark II 114? - BLUE
ItsMK - 1149 - WHITE
DToX - 1145 - MSM
d16m - 1147 - BLACK

Rn1145, I received a text today asking me if I'm paying in full or financing. I told them loan plus a specific amount out of pocket. They updated my details and I paid the outstanding balance. Still no delivery date yet but they are still targeting 4/10 - 5/1

Exactly a year since I ordered. EDD got pushed out again. Latest EDD with no hope for Q2 delivery: May 03 - June 14
I don’t know that I’d say “no hope”. If you have a Tesla store in your area, I’d suggest starting there and asking for the store manager (yes, Karen). Ask him/her to explain the delay, and don’t accept “supply delays” or “too much demand”. You have witnessed people here take delivery of cars with your exact configuration who had orders placed after yours. Ask them to please regularly check their inventory for rejected cars (not due to damage) and to contact you when one becomes available. If you’re willing to be a little flexible on options, they may be able to match you to a car sooner than you expected.
Perhaps there’s a little hope?

Reactions: d16m
I don’t know that I’d say “no hope”. If you have a Tesla store in your area, I’d suggest starting there and asking for the store manager (yes, Karen). Ask him/her to explain the delay, and don’t accept “supply delays” or “too much demand”. You have witnessed people here take delivery of cars with your exact configuration who had orders placed after yours. Ask them to please regularly check their inventory for rejected cars (not due to damage) and to contact you when one becomes available. If you’re willing to be a little flexible on options, they may be able to match you to a car sooner than you expected.
Perhaps there’s a little hope?
Your points are valid but have already done most of it. I am in contact with 2 Service advisors from 2 different branches and they have not been helpful. They empathize and understand but have not been able to provide any useful info. Gave them alternate color options as well and have been quite flexible. To date I have been offered 1 damaged 2021 MSLR which had $15K in repairs.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap