Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RN1149 and earlier, still waiting group!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pre-RN1150 DELIVERIES TO CONFIRM:

B-lon 1143 - RED - VIN received 3/9

Pre-RN1150 WITH VIN (but not delivered):

Mairsile 1143 - MSM - VIN received 3/10
VicH 1147 - BLUE - VIN received 3/4
BruceR61 1146 - MSM - VIN received 3/21
IslandStyle 1149 - MSM - VIN received 3/21
Kokopuffs45 1149 - WHITE- VIN received 3/21

Pre-RN 1150 (NO VIN AND IN WAITING PURGATORY)

Ray_R 1149 - WHITE
EightYears 1149 - RED
luehrsen 1144 - BLACK (Overseas order)
pkrk 1147 - MSM (Overseas order)
Bipin 1143 - WHITE
Mark II 114? - BLUE
ItsMK - 1149 - WHITE

Nice to see the Purgatory list shrinking.
Car delivered on 3/19. Worth the wait. Love the car.

Tesla MS - 1.jpeg

VikH 1147 - BLUE - VIN received 3/4, Delivered 3/19

BruceR61 1146 - MSM - VIN received 3/21

Ray_R 1149 - WHITE
EightYears 1149 - RED
Bipin 1143 - WHITE
Mark II 114? - BLUE
ItsMK - 1149 - WHITE
DToX - 1145 - MSM

Reactions: DToX and Ray_R
Update:

VikH 1147 - BLUE - VIN received 3/4, Delivered 3/19
BruceR61 1146 - MSM - VIN received 3/21; delivered 3/23

Ray_R 1149 - WHITE
EightYears 1149 - RED
Bipin 1143 - WHITE
Mark II 114? - BLUE
ItsMK - 1149 - WHITE
DToX - 1145 - MSM

Finally picked up my 1143 order number today.

Overall, she seems in pretty good shape. I'll put some miles on it tonight and tomorrow to see if I notice any of the driving issues that seem common. But I did already schedule a service appointment for several things. Unfortunately April 19th was the next available. Here is my list.
  1. There are some paint scratches in the front of the passenger door and the rear passenger door. I didn't notice them at the service center, but I did once I got under my garage fluorescent lights.
  2. There is a rubber seal on the top right (when facing car) of the frunk that doesn't sit right. The service advisor and I both think that it's just a bad seal and isn't long enough to seal the frunk.
  3. The trunk liner pops up on the side and doesn't slit flush when the seat is folded down.
  4. The drivers side door requires extra force to close correctly, this is probably the only thing about the car that I'm really concerned with, but I'm going to ask for everything else anyways.
  5. The A pillars do flex a little when pushing in. I never would have noticed if it wasn't for the checklist on this site, and I think it's likely they tell me there is nothing wrong with it.
  6. I was missing the privacy cover, but all other covers were there.
  7. The panel gaps on the passenger side doors aren't great. However, it looks like the length of the doors is just short. If they pulled the passenger door back a little bit, it would seal the gap between the two doors but then just create one on the front. The SA already said it's likely within spec, so will see if I want to press on that one.
  8. There is a small scratch on the driver's side rear window. I think I'm going to leave it, because I don't want to wait over a month to get tint added.
All in all, bar anything popping up while driving it, seems like I got away without any of the major issues. So far the Yoke and button steering seems to be a non-issue, which I had serious concerns with.

Attachments

• 20220325_161057933_iOS.JPEG
    20220325_161057933_iOS.JPEG
    440.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 20220325_161502049_iOS.JPEG
    20220325_161502049_iOS.JPEG
    780.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 20220325_171227952_iOS.JPEG
    20220325_171227952_iOS.JPEG
    586.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 20220325_195234417_iOS.JPEG
    20220325_195234417_iOS.JPEG
    391 KB · Views: 50
  • 20220325_195338374_iOS.JPEG
    20220325_195338374_iOS.JPEG
    439.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 20220325_200340613_iOS.JPEG
    20220325_200340613_iOS.JPEG
    360.9 KB · Views: 53
Finally picked up my 1143 order number today.

Overall, she seems in pretty good shape. I'll put some miles on it tonight and tomorrow to see if I notice any of the driving issues that seem common. But I did already schedule a service appointment for several things. Unfortunately April 19th was the next available. Here is my list.
  1. There are some paint scratches in the front of the passenger door and the rear passenger door. I didn't notice them at the service center, but I did once I got under my garage fluorescent lights.
  2. There is a rubber seal on the top right (when facing car) of the frunk that doesn't sit right. The service advisor and I both think that it's just a bad seal and isn't long enough to seal the frunk.
  3. The trunk liner pops up on the side and doesn't slit flush when the seat is folded down.
  4. The drivers side door requires extra force to close correctly, this is probably the only thing about the car that I'm really concerned with, but I'm going to ask for everything else anyways.
  5. The A pillars do flex a little when pushing in. I never would have noticed if it wasn't for the checklist on this site, and I think it's likely they tell me there is nothing wrong with it.
  6. I was missing the privacy cover, but all other covers were there.
  7. The panel gaps on the passenger side doors aren't great. However, it looks like the length of the doors is just short. If they pulled the passenger door back a little bit, it would seal the gap between the two doors but then just create one on the front. The SA already said it's likely within spec, so will see if I want to press on that one.
  8. There is a small scratch on the driver's side rear window. I think I'm going to leave it, because I don't want to wait over a month to get tint added.
All in all, bar anything popping up while driving it, seems like I got away without any of the major issues. So far the Yoke and button steering seems to be a non-issue, which I had serious concerns with.
Congrats man! I hope I am not far behind you. See any other Model S LR at delivery today? How packed was it?

Congrats man! I hope I am not far behind you. See any other Model S LR at delivery today? How packed was it?
The place was packed with service appointments. There were a few but not many Model S on the lot. There was a guy there picking up a Red/White/19 that he had ordered about a week before I ordered mine. He said it was his 5th Tesla. He also said that he was told the same as you, that he had a "non-standard" configuration and that's why it took so long to get his. Heard him say numerous times that he wasn't sure what was "non-standard" about picking a color and interior combo that is right there on the website.

Reactions: EightYears
The place was packed with service appointments. There were a few but not many Model S on the lot. There was a guy there picking up a Red/White/19 that he had ordered about a week before I ordered mine. He said it was his 5th Tesla. He also said that he was told the same as you, that he had a "non-standard" configuration and that's why it took so long to get his. Heard him say numerous times that he wasn't sure what was "non-standard" about picking a color and interior combo that is right there on the website.
I am new to this forum but think I fit the criteria - Model S LR, white/black, 19", no AP with RN1146. Ordered 3/23/21 and very frustrated. This past month saw the dates shift every time I get to the beginning of the estimated delivery period. Shifted agan today from 3/24 - 4/4 to 4/5 - 5/10. Has anyone developed a theory why some are delivered and some continually postponed? My Tesla lease ended in June 2021 then extended 6 months and now on a month to month basis. I plan on turning it in when I take possession but don't like making these huge monthly lease payments when I plan on paying cash for the new model S. This is terrible public relations for Tesla and I feel like a rube for putting up with it.

I am new to this forum but think I fit the criteria - Model S LR, white/black, 19", no AP with RN1146. Ordered 3/23/21 and very frustrated. This past month saw the dates shift every time I get to the beginning of the estimated delivery period. Shifted agan today from 3/24 - 4/4 to 4/5 - 5/10. Has anyone developed a theory why some are delivered and some continually postponed? My Tesla lease ended in June 2021 then extended 6 months and now on a month to month basis. I plan on turning it in when I take possession but don't like making these huge monthly lease payments when I plan on paying cash for the new model S. This is terrible public relations for Tesla and I feel like a rube for putting up with it.
You found the right group. Unfortunately this is common. Welcome to our therapy group…

I have your exact same configuration on order, though you placed yours before me. Current EDD is April 6 - May 2.
Have you placed your order on hold at any time during your wait?
I don’t think anyone on this forum can tell you exactly how Tesla prioritizes deliveries. There’s certainly a ton of speculation. But once you think you’ve figured it out, someone will get a delivery that blows your theory out of the water.

Another sad reservation holder #1143 here. I ordered a red, LRS with black interior, 19", no FSD back in Jan 2021 before the refresh was even announced. Many, many delays in estimated delivery dates have since been given. It's now showing Apr 10 - May 8 online.

Got excited two days ago however when a red, LRS with B&W interior, 19" and FSD was made available to me! BUT it's VIN was #5YJSA1E56NF4677 and had a production date of Jan 14. So it missed the latest refresh LED headlights.

I decided that since I've waited this long and I'll wait a little longer for the exact car (with updated headlights, etc) that I ordered and passed on that car.

Did I do right? Be kind in your replies, I'm still grieving my loss.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
Another sad reservation holder #1143 here. I ordered a red, LRS with black interior, 19", no FSD back in Jan 2021 before the refresh was even announced. Many, many delays in estimated delivery dates have since been given. It's now showing Apr 10 - May 8 online.

Got excited two days ago however when a red, LRS with B&W interior, 19" and FSD was made available to me! BUT it's VIN was #5YJSA1E56NF4677 and had a production date of Jan 14. So it missed the latest refresh LED headlights.

I decided that since I've waited this long and I'll wait a little longer for the exact car (with updated headlights, etc) that I ordered and passed on that car.

Did I do right? Be kind in your replies, I'm still grieving my loss.
If you don't need a vehicle now, why would you settle after waiting this long. The only reason to accept the offered car would be not to have to deal with the Tesla tomfoolery any longer. We could debate the pros and cons of that for years honestly.
I think you made the right decision. My only concern would be your location. I don't have a clue how the Tesla pipeline to Hawaii works.
My thoughts personally now have gone from take anything they offer to I'm going to get what I want fully refreshed.
Good luck.

If you don't need a vehicle now, why would you settle after waiting this long. The only reason to accept the offered car would be not to have to deal with the Tesla tomfoolery any longer. We could debate the pros and cons of that for years honestly.
I think you made the right decision. My only concern would be your location. I don't have a clue how the Tesla pipeline to Hawaii works.
My thoughts personally now have gone from take anything they offer to I'm going to get what I want fully refreshed.
Good luck.
Agreed. I do not think I am going to settle. seems unlikely I will have to at this point with nearly all of them probably getting purged EOQ here. They would have to really sweeten the pot for me to even slightly consider it.

I am concerned about how far of a backlog they have with Red's. Just so depressing these days. Everyone says Tesla is ramping up and going to deliver more but all signs to point to them delivering less and less...

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
Car delivered on 3/19. Worth the wait. Love the car.

View attachment 784640
See you have (or are coming from an MYP)--I'm in the same boat although still waiting for my LR S (RN115xxx), ordered last July. What are your impressions relative to the Y? I have to be honest, I really enjoy my MYP, and am not 100% sure I will actually keep/take delivery of the S once it comes available. I know it will be nicer inside, but just wonder about the overall driving experience--thanks!

Reactions: VikH