Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RN1149 and earlier, still waiting group!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its because you paid less than he did
Correct, it's exactly why. I used to be somewhat on the fence about why older orders were continually bypassed. As I've seen here on the forum many of my configurations for RN1151 MSLR, getting delivered to much newer orders. Coming up on a year wait in a few weeks. Also the fact that I had to call Tesla to get assigned the VIN for my exact configuration Plaid that was sitting a few miles away from me in inventory, speaks volumes. You see had I of ordered the Plaid a week later, I would have gotten the $6,000 price increase. Why assign the Plaid to me when someone would scoop it up in no time at the new price.
Tesla doing what's good for Tesla and that's fine. However it will turn off some people too. The first thing I did when I got the Plaid in the garage was to completely debadge it. Yes I'm sour.

You ordered in Sept and got it in March. I ordered the same car (same configuration) in May of 2021 and EDD still say Sept to Nov. 2022. Wtf
Actually I was wrong. I got delivery in February, not March. May be I am in SoCal. Easier to get the car trucked down. The delivery schedule appears to have no system. Who knows. My EDD got push back a couple times and then suddenly VIN assigned and a week late, I got the car.

Correct, it's exactly why. I used to be somewhat on the fence about why older orders were continually bypassed. As I've seen here on the forum many of my configurations for RN1151 MSLR, getting delivered to much newer orders. Coming up on a year wait in a few weeks. Also the fact that I had to call Tesla to get assigned the VIN for my exact configuration Plaid that was sitting a few miles away from me in inventory, speaks volumes. You see had I of ordered the Plaid a week later, I would have gotten the $6,000 price increase. Why assign the Plaid to me when someone would scoop it up in no time at the new price.
Tesla doing what's good for Tesla and that's fine. However it will turn off some people too. The first thing I did when I got the Plaid in the garage was to completely debadge it. Yes I'm sour.
Yep I'm considering getting a EQS instead. At this point is 50 50

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
Yep I'm considering getting a EQS instead. At this point is 50 50
Same here, started researching the EQS. Seemed like there was some gouging on around here. Probably would of taken several months to get what I wanted regardless. Now is a bad time to be short on patience unfortunately. I still recommend hanging in there and forcing Tesla to eventually make good on our orders.

Tried to update this thread as best as I can. I am also looking to add everyone's rough location. Doesn't seem like many post in here any more so I wonder how many may have taken delivery and moved on.

Pre-RN1150 DELIVERIES CONFIRMED - do we no longer have rights to post in this thread?:

B-lon 1143 - RED - VIN received 3/9
VikH 1147 - BLUE - VIN received 3/4, Delivered 3/19
BruceR61 1146 - MSM - VIN received 3/21; delivered 3/23
Mairsile 1143 - MSM - VIN received 3/10 ; delivered 3/25
IslandStyle 1149 - MSM - VIN received 3/21 ; delivered 3/28
Ray_R 1149 - WHITE - Reassigned a RED VIN EOQ - Delivered 3/30
Kokopuffs45 1149 - WHITE- VIN received 3/21 - Delivered 3/31
DToX - 1145 - MSM - Delivered 4/26
Mark II 114? - BLUE - Delivered - ~EOQ1

Pre-RN1150 WITH VIN (but no confirmation if delivered):

Pre-RN 1150 (NO VIN AND IN WAITING PURGATORY)

EightYears 1149 - RED - Colorado
luehrsen 1144 - BLACK (Overseas order)
pkrk 1147 - MSM (Overseas order)
Bipin 1143 - WHITE
ItsMK - 1149 - WHITE - Minnesota
d16m - 1147 - BLACK - California
perplexed22 - 1146 - WHITE - Seattle
DelDrew1982 - 1149 WHITE - Delaware
8842imj - 1144 - MSM - Missouri

I have 1000 miles on my RN1147 MS LR. How are you guys still here?!?!?

Photo after Suntek Reaction PPF:

Tesla MS - 1 (1).jpeg

Reactions: Kare101
No, I never changed the configuration. I’ve had a 2013 S and a 2020 3. One theory is that since I am trading my 3 in that this has confused their system. I have removed the trade until a vin gets assigned (if it ever does).

Another theory is that as an original order, white paint, and 19” wheels Tesla’s margin is lowest if all S’s

Last theory is my RN number is cursed.
I am trading my M3P also for a Model S Red/white 21 wheels. What your configuration