Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road trip Denver to Nashville

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am taking my first extended road trip. Taking the easiest route along 70. I am looking for any recommendations or advice along the route. Any places to eat near supercharger, places to stay, or superchargers to avoid is greatly appreciated. I am looking at stopping in Columbia, MO and staying at the Tiger Hotel, so any experience with their destination charger is also appreciated. TIA.

I just did that same trip a month ago, I stopped in Kansas City and stayed at the Homewood Suites by Hilton, they had 2 Tesla Destination chargers and 2 Chargepoint level 2 J1772 units. The hotel was super nice and the chargers are right by a side door making it easier to carry your bags up. Most of the Supercharger stops had good restaurant choices, except a few that were at Arbys.

Follow-up for those attempting this route in the future. We followed the vehicle guidance which ended up preferring fewer longer stops than ABRP. Only once, in Kansas, did the on-board trip computer have to re-route to a closer supercharger due to strong headwinds. I highly suggest checking Windy.com to view up to date wind conditions. All hotels near superchargers had accessible public restrooms. We stayed at the Hotel Indigo -Crossroads in Kansas City, which had two destination chargers. We also stayed at the Tiger Hotel in Columbia, MO, which I would not recommend. We had selected the Tiger based on its destination chargers. The day before our arrival I called the hotel to ensure access to the charger and was told that they could guarantee 100% charge if we valeted the car. On arrival, we valeted our car and, again, requested a access to the destination charger. We were then informed there was a wait list. Our car was not charged, which is not ideal on a cross-country trip.

• Informative
Reactions: RedModel3 and KenC