Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Road trip Ottawa to Newmarket , use Kingston or Belleville SC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Belleville for sure. Kingston is always busy. However, contrary to AndrePow's comment, there's the hotel he mentioned with a Starbucks, Boston Pizza and Panera bread for a bite, plus lots of shops in that parking lot.

Note: You are a frequent poster, and obviously a Tesla enthusiast. Congrats on getting your Tesla, and welcome to the community. Perhaps we'll meet up at one of the Ottawa rallies/meals. I keep trying to get to them, and visit my son in Ottawa, but timing has always been terrible for me.

Belleville for sure. Kingston is always busy. However, contrary to AndrePow's comment, there's the hotel he mentioned with a Starbucks, Boston Pizza and Panera bread for a bite, plus lots of shops in that parking lot.

Note: You are a frequent poster, and obviously a Tesla enthusiast. Congrats on getting your Tesla, and welcome to the community. Perhaps we'll meet up at one of the Ottawa rallies/meals. I keep trying to get to them, and visit my son in Ottawa, but timing has always been terrible for me.
Thanks!
Hoping to attend Ottawa events.
Looking forward to joining the zero emissions crowd.
Nothing bugs me more then seeing some clown siting in their car, engine running and reading their phone, as I walk by with my dog.

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
I’ve done that trip in my LR-RWD and I’ve stopped in Belleville. There’s a mall you can visit there. Kingston is not bad either and would be a safer option. When I stop there, I usually head to the Boston Pizza for a bit. In the summer, you can sit on the patio and watch your car charging. With the new 150 kW charging you barely have time for a meal before you have to move your car (although it would take longer in the winter.)

I live in Newmarket. There are a few free charging stations around here, including a Tesla destination charger at 9 Industrial Parkway near the Aurora Go Station. I have one in my garage too. Feel free to message me if you need a charge.

I’ve done that trip in my LR-RWD and I’ve stopped in Belleville. There’s a mall you can visit there. Kingston is not bad either and would be a safer option. When I stop there, I usually head to the Boston Pizza for a bit. In the summer, you can sit on the patio and watch your car charging. With the new 150 kW charging you barely have time for a meal before you have to move your car (although it would take longer in the winter.)

I live in Newmarket. There are a few free charging stations around here, including a Tesla destination charger at 9 Industrial Parkway near the Aurora Go Station. I have one in my garage too. Feel free to message me if you need a charge.
Update:
Fully charged at home, made it to Belleville supercharger with 18% left.
After 30 minutes was fully charged , and made it to Newmarket with 40 % left.
Great first time supercharger experience!

Attachments

• 21CDFC74-3266-4D60-84C0-1E7B39BBB6F1.jpeg
    21CDFC74-3266-4D60-84C0-1E7B39BBB6F1.jpeg
    574 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: Hugh Mannity
I much prefer the shorter route via HWY 7 through Peterborough but I haven't tried it since getting the Tesla. Don't know if there are any charging stations along that route. I could make it all the way in summer but for sure not in winter.

I have my standard range plus delivered on xmas eve. I plan to drive from newmarket to Ottawa. I wonder if it is doable ? Or better drive my gas suv ?
Go to: EV Trip Planner

It shows a Model 3 55 KWhr battery as being okay with stops in Markham and Belleville.....but change the wind, temperature, speed, and payload, to your circumstances......

Go to: EV Trip Planner

It shows a Model 3 55 KWhr battery as being okay with stops in Markham and Belleville.....but change the wind, temperature, speed, and payload, to your circumstances......
Belleville to Ottawa in an SR+ is just doable cross county, its a bit of a stretch on the 401/416, You might need to stop at Kingston and you can expect it to be busy. The overall trip should be easy, much easier than using your SUV!

Reactions: martind3
Belleville to Ottawa in an SR+ is just doable cross county, its a bit of a stretch on the 401/416, You might need to stop at Kingston and you can expect it to be busy. The overall trip should be easy, much easier than using your SUV!

I'd suggest the same thing - don't try Belleville to Ottawa via 401/416 in winter without a stop in Kingston.

I much prefer the shorter route via HWY 7 through Peterborough but I haven't tried it since getting the Tesla. Don't know if there are any charging stations along that route. I could make it all the way in summer but for sure not in winter.
I also like this route! It was my preferred route before I got my Tesla. I’ve done it successfully in my LR-RWD a few times in warm weather starting with a full charge and keeping an eye on the energy graph. I’ve also done in the Winter, but I wouldn’t recommend it. In cold weather, a non-stop trip is only possible if you drive in a cold cabin, with the climate control turned completely off, which is obviously an extreme measure. If you have a lot of time, you could stop at one of the Level 2 chargers along the way. The one at Perth is nice, because there are some very nice restaurants nearby. The Supercharger map shows a new station coming to Perth, in 2019, which would really help open up that route. This is the Supercharger I was really hoping to see this year, but I don’t believe there’s been any progress.

Update:
Fully charged at home, made it to Belleville supercharger with 18% left.
After 30 minutes was fully charged , and made it to Newmarket with 40 % left.
Great first time supercharger experience!

Wow! 18% to 100% (or even to 90%) in 30 minutes is super fast for winter time!
Is it normal for Model 3?
20 to 90 would take about 50 min now at winter if SC is in good condition (which recently become rare) for my 2018 model X.