Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster 1229 for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanna buy a sedan. 2011. Lightning green. 13,013 miles. Driven regularly. You will get copies of all maintenance paperwork. Sold as is. Fine as far as I know. Vin 1229. Original price $133,000 and change. You will get J1772 adapter cable, also universal mobile connector, plug for standard 120v outlet, also you get nema 14-50 cable. Call to discuss. Frank. 760-617-7666. No negotiation on price. $80,001. Can be seen in Palm Springs, California. Take it or leave it. Thanks.
:)

Lean. Mean. lightning Green Machine!

I wanna buy a sedan. 2011. Lightning green. 13,013 miles. Driven regularly. You will get copies of all maintenance paperwork. Sold as is. Fine as far as I know. Vin 1229. Original price $133,000 and change. You will get J1772 adapter cable, also universal mobile connector, plug for standard 120v outlet, also you get nema 14-50 cable. Call to discuss. Frank. 760-617-7666. No negotiation on price. $80,001. Can be seen in Palm Springs, California. Take it or leave it. Thanks.
:)

is it this one? Seen you on the road? Just in time for Christmas, Santa?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 745
Last edited:
Best of luck with that. The CPO Roadsters are going for much less.

A roughly comparable CPO Roadster might be this 2011 2.5 Glacier Blue car with 6K miles for $89K. See Certified Pre-Owned | Tesla Motors

That car has the 3 year factory warranty, which adds a lot of value to the car, as well as peace of mind for the next owner. But it doesn't include the 240v connector for that price.

It would be nice to see some photos of the Roadster being offered for sale here.

This link is for the USA. Is there a Certified Pre-Owned link for Europe?

Are you saying that you cannot view the web page associated with that link? Or are you looking for CPO Roadsters for sale that are located in Europe?

I suggest that you go to Tesla Motors | Premium Electric Vehicles, see if the website detects that you are located somewhere in Europe, see if there is a different version of the site for your country and if it shows any CPO Roadsters for sale.

Are you saying that you cannot view the web page associated with that link? Or are you looking for CPO Roadsters for sale that are located in Europe?

I suggest that you go to Tesla Motors | Premium Electric Vehicles, see if the website detects that you are located somewhere in Europe, see if there is a different version of the site for your country and if it shows any CPO Roadsters for sale.

I did what you said and I found out that the Pre-Owned Roadsters are available only for the USA. No European Country has Pre-Owned Roadsters available.

A roughly comparable CPO Roadster might be this 2011 2.5 Glacier Blue car with 6K miles for $89K. See Certified Pre-Owned | Tesla Motors

That car has the 3 year factory warranty, which adds a lot of value to the car, as well as peace of mind for the next owner. But it doesn't include the 240v connector for that price.

It would be nice to see some photos of the Roadster being offered for sale here.

I'd also be concerned about the battery degradation of a car in Palm Springs.

I thought because roadsters battery has temperature management system that in warm climate areas it wouldn't be an issue.

Leaf battery doesn't have such temp management and thus have those issues.

It's not as much of an issue because the software puts on upper limit on temperature compared to an unmanaged pack, but it will still hasten degradation compared to a car in someplace like Seattle or the Bay.

For the cells used in the S, going from 70F to 90F doubles capacity loss over five years.

http://www.nrel.gov/vehiclesandfuels/energystorage/pdfs/45048.pdf

The cells used the Roadster supposedly aren't as durable, but the thermal management is more aggressive, so I'm not sure where capacity loss would be given some average temperature. PIA did a survey, but there were only a handful (maybe 5?) of cars from warmer climates, and none of those were as warm as PS, so it's difficult to gauge range loss.

I imagine the best info would be all the PIA info from the owner.

It's not as much of an issue because the software puts on upper limit on temperature compared to an unmanaged pack, but it will still hasten degradation compared to a car in someplace like Seattle or the Bay.

For the cells used in the S, going from 70F to 90F doubles capacity loss over five years.

http://www.nrel.gov/vehiclesandfuels/energystorage/pdfs/45048.pdf
The cells used the Roadster supposedly aren't as durable, but the thermal management is more aggressive, so I'm not sure where capacity loss would be given some average temperature. PIA did a survey, but there were only a handful (maybe 5?) of cars from warmer climates, and none of those were as warm as PS, so it's difficult to gauge range loss.

I imagine the best info would be all the PIA info from the owner.

Did you read the PIA study you are referencing? There were 4 cars from the Phoenix area and Phoenix is just as hot as Palm Springs:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/trav...vac_compare&clocid1=USAZ0166&clocid2=USCA0828

The PIA study summarized:

http://www.pluginamerica.org/surveys/batteries/tesla-roadster/PIA-Roadster-Battery-Study.pdf

Of the factors considered – miles driven, vehicle age, and climate – only mileage showed a significant correlation with battery pack capacity.

I don't think it was appropriate to call into question this car's battery health - especially in a for sale thread - when studies you cite suggest no cause for concern.

Anyway, back on topic - you have a beautiful car! Looks well cared for - especially being a show car. Good luck with your sale.

I'd also be concerned about the battery degradation of a car in Palm Springs.

This should be a total non-issue for any car with a temperature controlled battery pack, like the Roadster, Model S, Volt, etc. I would be concerned about a used Leaf from a very hot climate, since they do not have a battery cooling system.

GSP

Did you read the PIA study you are referencing? There were 4 cars from the Phoenix area and Phoenix is just as hot as Palm Springs:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/trav...vac_compare&clocid1=USAZ0166&clocid2=USCA0828

The PIA study summarized:

http://www.pluginamerica.org/surveys/batteries/tesla-roadster/PIA-Roadster-Battery-Study.pdf

Of the factors considered – miles driven, vehicle age, and climate – only mileage showed a significant correlation with battery pack capacity.

I don't think it was appropriate to call into question this car's battery health - especially in a for sale thread - when studies you cite suggest no cause for concern.

Anyway, back on topic - you have a beautiful car! Looks well cared for - especially being a show car. Good luck with your sale.
Stating that I would be concerned about the condition of the battery if I were purchasing a car in warm climate like Palm Springs is not the same as calling into question the battery's health. And yes, I read the PIA study, and looked at the data (None of the cars were located in Phoenix btw, although four were in AZ in climates that were cooler than PS). Have you read the NREL study I linked to earlier?

The concern I have is that cars from warmer climates may experience capacity loss. My supporting evidence is from the calendar life losses outlined in the NREL study. The PIA study hasn't shown a strong correlation, but that might be masked by a low sample size (four cars), lower age (~2+ years as opposed to ~5 years, when calendar life losses are more obvious), and lower dods in Roadsters versus Leafs, which they acknowledge. There also may be a correlation, it just isn't as strong as mileage because the distribution of age isn't as wide as of mileage.

I agree that this is no place for anything more than me stating my concerns and posting a couple links. If you would like to debate any of this, please feel free to copy and paste any of my posts into a new thread and send me a PM when you've created it. With that said, I still think concerns about calendar life losses in cars in warmer climates are valid.