Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster 2020 Limited Production?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any idea if the Roadster will be a limited production car? Or will the only limit be how many Tesla can sell?

Was the original roadster limited to a certain number?

Given that this car is on the same level as some hypercars and those cars have very limited production numbers which drive up the demand is tesla going to do the same? Or is the roadster being used to generate capital?

Reason I ask is if it's a limited run I'd want to put a deposit down... but if not I'd probably be smarter to put that same 50k into TSLA stock until the car is actually being sold.

Thoughts?

Only the Founders Edition is limited to 1000 cars. The founders are typically fully loaded for a flat price and are delivered before the production run (for US production). International founders are likely to be delayed from US production.

Tesla has not indicated a limit on the production run.

The only limit I can think of is that they may be production limited to xxx units a month so who knows how long it will take for them to clear the roadster backlog. Reserving now would simply mean you get your car earlier than later.

It's unlikely that it will be a limited edition car although it's hard to predit production rate and number of reservations. That's the reason I put the deposit down right after it's revealed. Another thing is there is no guarantee that the price will not be increased in the future. Ones who have put down deposit should have the price protected. I'd rather be safe than be greedy.

Reactions: Amit519 and Doom
Any idea if the Roadster will be a limited production car? Or will the only limit be how many Tesla can sell?

Was the original roadster limited to a certain number?

Given that this car is on the same level as some hypercars and those cars have very limited production numbers which drive up the demand is tesla going to do the same? Or is the roadster being used to generate capital?

Reason I ask is if it's a limited run I'd want to put a deposit down... but if not I'd probably be smarter to put that same 50k into TSLA stock until the car is actually being sold.

Thoughts?
Th original roadster was limited run but only because they had limited number of lotus shells to use. They had exemption to use older style airbags which is why small children should not be allowed as passengers in the car