Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster #411 on ebay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a blue asking 55k with 7k miles that I saw. I got the impression int he discussion that the fellow would take 51k for the car. I'd pay more for the color, location and the 2.5k miles but I wouldn't pay the full asking price. That's why I didn't do buy it now on eBay. I'd pay a fair offer on the 69k if the seller is game.

Last edited:
Really? You think $60k for a one owner roadster with only 2k miles? How exactly did you come up with that? I thought my car was a relative bargain at that price. If you guys can show me a legit cheaper car i will do my best to match it.

You own a roadster as well "ipdamages"??? I would of thought you would of wanted to keep the market prices higher rather than claiming they should be lower. If i was to sell this car for $50k how much would that make your roadster worth?

If I was considering selling my car, I might be concerned with the resale market, but my Roadster is my dream car, though I had to do a $35K overhaul by Al & Ed's to make it into what it is today (repaint from red to Lamborghini yellow, upgrade front and rear ends from 2.0 to 2.5), complete interior overhaul, double DIN, add lots of carbon, etc.). So I really don't care about the resale market. Whoever buys the car will almost surely love it.

As for the justification for my estimate, below are a few. But of course, the value is what a buyer is willing to pay and a seller is willing to accept. So for example the blue one in Carlsbad had some hair on that deal because the seller was not trustworthy, so it sold for a low price. Also, having few miles on the car you're selling is nice, but low miles does not mean that the battery has not degraded. Time is the enemy of a battery. But you can obtain data on battery health that would certainly impact resale value. For example, what is the ideal miles range in standard mode? And in range charge mode?

Also, as people have chimed in to say, the wheels are not the forged wheels - they are the standard wheels.

Sold cars, somewhat comparable, that have been listed on this forum:
2008 Founders Series #19 FOR SALE [SOLD] (listed at $60K, sale price unknown)
Tesla : Roadster Electric Low Miles in Tesla | eBay Motors (listed on eBay at $65,999 but got no buyer or offers, had forged wheels and more miles than yours)
#728 - Radiant Red - San Diego (2.0 Roadster Sport eBayed up to $62K, but didn't meet reserve - more miles, but 2.0 sport is worth much more than your car)
#159 Twilight Blue - Carlsbad, CA [SOLD] (similar to your car, but sketchy seller, looks like it sold in the mid-low-50s)

Currently for sale or recently sold:
Tesla : Roadster 2.0 2-door in Tesla | eBay Motors (2.0, 8k miles, $60K)
Tesla : Roadster Sport in Tesla | eBay Motors (2.0 sport, bid up to $68K, didn't sell)
Tesla : Roadster Karma | eBay (your car, bid up to $55K, didn't meet reserve)
Tesla : Roadster Premium Leather in Tesla | eBay Motors (12.5k miles, $56.6K, forged wheels)

There are also five currently on autotrader.com that are in my opinion overpriced, but I suppose that may be part of the reason they haven't sold.

Remember that the Sport new was a $19.5K premium.

Good luck!

If it is helpful I paid $53K for my 2008 1.5 Roadster (Base Model) with forged wheels, hard top and upgraded interior (CF just on gearshift console). 15,700 miles on the car, almost mint condition. The price included transportation from Seattle to NY. I negotiated from a starting price of $59,900.

If it is helpful I paid $53K for my 2008 1.5 Roadster (Base Model) with forged wheels, hard top and upgraded interior (CF just on gearshift console). 15,700 miles on the car, almost mint condition. The price included transportation from Seattle to NY. I negotiated from a starting price of $59,900.

Bart, you did great! I thought I stole mine for $57,450 back in November.