TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Roadster HPC for sale. ***Local SF Bay pickup ONLY***

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by JoshG, Jun 14, 2013.

1. JoshG

JoshG Member

I have a perfect-condition, fully working used Roadster HPC for sale. It is the Tesla-branded Clipper Creek model.

Had to take it off the wall when my Model S came and I needed the 100A into the garage for the S charger. Roadster charges now on NEMA 14-50.

I do not have the box for this unit, and am (for now) only listing this item for sale to local buyers in the San Francisco Bay Area who would come pick it up in the South Bay. It's just not worth the hassles for me to package this monster up safely for shipment.

Price is $975. or, this will be fun, you can pay in Bitcoins and take a 5% discount. (at time of posting, that would be around 9.2 BTC.) Maybe some smart Tesla owners bought a bunch of BTC at $15 and can now get this HPC at a steal! :biggrin:

Will take credit card at pickup if buyer pays the Square or PayPal-gadget fee. Cash welcomed. Or Bitcoin, as above.

2. bart513

bart513 Member

How many Amps do you need for the HPC?

3. JoshG

JoshG Member

Can apparently be set for various amperages, but mine is set at full capacity of 70A and therefore needs a 90A circuit.

4. mg012

mg012 Member

I have one of those but only 60 amps service, so you just set the charging current to 48 and the car always remembers that setting and only "asks for 48 amps" at that GPS location. I did not have to reprogram my clipper creek charger. I added a 60 amp circuit breaker right at the charger just in case it tried to draw more current. Of course there is another cb in the panel coming into the garage.

5. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

I have one of these. Great units, an I posted here how you can convert it to J1772, so you have a backup/quick charger for your model S, and is Perfect for charging my Rav 4EV. Someone should snap this up as these are great units.

6. shrink

shrink Member

If you feel like shipping it to Phoenix, AZ, JoshG, I'd be real interested in it. Your Roadster is 502, mine is 501. It makes perfect sense. ;-)

7. Adrian Cockcroft

Hi Josh,

I'm in the bay area, if you still have it I'd like to get it from you, could pick it up Sunday or sometime next week.

Cheers Adrian

8. shrink

shrink Member

I got a hold of a Roadster HPC, Josh. I think yours would find a happy home with Adrian.

9. JoshG

JoshG Member

Hi Adrian, emailed you off the forum. Sorry so long to reply...

10. JoshG

JoshG Member