Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roaster vs Model S at Palm Beach International Raceway January 27th, 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

fiksegts

Jan 6, 2013
Miami
I have a private drag strip rental setup all day long on January 27th at Palm Beach International Raceway. We're going to have quite a few home-brew EV's out there along with my Model S P85 and are looking for a Tesla Roaster to run the Model S heads up down the drag strip as an exhibition run. Anyone on here, or know anyone who would be able to bring their Roadster out?

thanks!

Members of the National Electric Drag Racing Association (NEDRA) are getting ready to sizzle away the seasonal blahs at their Winter Florida Nationals this coming Sunday at the Palm Beach International Raceway. This year the event has been folded into a day of street racing set up by Brooks Weisblat, the man behind DragTimes.

It just so happens that this particular website-owning speed addict is also a Tesla Motors customer and has just received his 2013 Tesla Model S Performance. Naturally, he will be bringing it along to see if he can get results similar to those that the Motor Trend crew achieved last summer and possibly surpass the Tesla Roadster's record time (12.582 seconds) for a spot in the official record books.

He'll be joined on the track by the Lawless EV Racing crew with "Lemon Juice," a '94 Chevy S-10, billed as the "World's Quickest Street Legal EV." It uses four 7.5-inch GE motors chained together to rip down the strip in as little as 9.957 seconds. We should also see Miramar High School's Black Pearl, a converted Porsche 944, as well as an electrified 1987 TVR 280i and an AC Propulsion eBox.

We expect to see great things in electric drag racing later this year, so a couple new records here would certainly be a nice way of getting a good start. Speaking of good starts, it appears someone's new Model S isn't waiting until Sunday to take on some competition. A video has surfaced of it engaging with a 2012 E63 AMG BiTurbo on the street, and you can see the result by simply scrolling below.