Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rocker alignment is too open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The rocker on both sides is too widely open. It was not like this. Left is worse. After ppf installation in that area and/or windshield replacement I noticed . Windishield has nothing to do with this but I mention it since these are the 2 places car has been. Can this be fixed ? Would rain go in and cause issues from the space ?

IMG_0310.jpeg
IMG_0315.jpeg
IMG_0316.jpeg

Guessing it looked like this After the PPF team jumped on it. Watched them do a car while in the waiting room and were often tugging/prying the panels like this to get the PPF to seam.
I think so too. Not sure it was this bad at the time I picked it up but that's the only logical explanation. I will check with them but I doubt they would assume responsibility. Could this be fixed ? Also would it get worse?

Reactions: TBrownTX
Also the slits, did they open it ?
No idea if they opened it. Does appear the attempted to bend it enough to not open it. Personally I would get this addressed. That open edge now becomes an air catch sail while driving. Others smarter than I would know if these panels are clipped on or other. Betting there is a video online to sow though. Good luck.

Reactions: asterothe
No idea if they opened it. Does appear the attempted to bend it enough to not open it. Personally I would get this addressed. That open edge now becomes an air catch sail while driving. Others smarter than I would know if these panels are clipped on or other. Betting there is a video online to sow though. Good luck.
Thank you. I made an appointment with Tesla SC to see if they can fix it. The slits I mean are the walls of the week block in the black material. Seems like a small piece is removed from both sides. I am not sure if do they exist normally.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Thank you. I made an appointment with Tesla SC to see if they can fix it. The slits I mean are the walls of the week block in the black material. Seems like a small piece is removed from both sides. I am not sure if do they exist normally.
Unsure sorry. Thought the wheel well felt type material was tucked under the painted body/bumper panel. Hindsight; this is an example of why most installers do a full walk around video to cover who did what prior to service. Doubtful they will acknowledge this one but stinks for the owner

Unsure sorry. Thought the wheel well felt type material was tucked under the painted body/bumper panel. Hindsight; this is an example of why most installers do a full walk around video to cover who did what prior to service. Doubtful they will acknowledge this one but stinks for the owner
This is a very reputable and not cheap shop. I will check with them but also I am doubtful. They were nice so far but this is a real test.
The slits align well with where rockers must have been prayed open.

The ppf shop says that they did not touch it. I am giving them benefit of the doubt since the rocker ppf is below the rocker line so they did not really need to. I have appointment with Tesla next week them to check it out. But I wonder if this can be fixed or only fix is replacing them. If they got themselves this way would warranty cover it?

I got a picture of some other S' rocker from the same angle vs mine and the difference is bad but even that one has some alignment problem.

Capture.jpg

The ppf shop says that they did not touch it. I am giving them benefit of the doubt since the rocker ppf is below the rocker line so they did not really need to. I have appointment with Tesla next week them to check it out. But I wonder if this can be fixed or only fix is replacing them. If they got themselves this way would warranty cover it?

I got a picture of some other S' rocker from the same angle vs mine and the difference is bad but even that one has some alignment problem.

View attachment 1061944
Granted I would not expect Any PPF dealer to admit they did it, is what it is. Does look like they wrapped that front edge which would require them to pull it forward. Could just be a broken clip or adhesive tape. Simple enough to fix. I know mine doesn’t look like that.