Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roof Rack with Thule Pulse 615?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking about getting the Tesla roof rack and using it with a Thule Pulse 615 on a Model Y. Does anyone know if the Thule Pulse 615 would work with the Tesla Roof rack.

Also, in general, I'm a little hesitant to install a Tesla roof rack, worrying that a carrier might put stress on the roof/glass and possibly crack it or cause other damage.

If I have Tesla install a Tesla roof rack, would I be covered from any potential damage?

I'm thinking about getting the Tesla roof rack and using it with a Thule Pulse 615 on a Model Y. Does anyone know if the Thule Pulse 615 would work with the Tesla Roof rack.

Also, in general, I'm a little hesitant to install a Tesla roof rack, worrying that a carrier might put stress on the roof/glass and possibly crack it or cause other damage.

If I have Tesla install a Tesla roof rack, would I be covered from any potential damage?
I think this was already talked about. I believe if Tesla installs it and window crack it might be covered. But most people who install it install it wrong and crack the glass because of the 4 points it’s attached to.

I suggest you learn about the TESERY's Tesla roof rack. The TESERY roof rack is specially designed based on the load-bearing capacity of Tesla's roof, and the installation tools have been continuously upgraded. There is no need to worry about the roof frame exerting pressure on the roof/glass, or causing it to crack or cause other damage.

Moreover, the TESERY roof rack has been redesigned to achieve maximum aerodynamic efficiency, minimal wind noise, and low impact on fuel consumption and range. Compared to other roof racks, TESERY roof racks can provide you with a quiet environment.

You can learn more through user comments and feedback on the details page. The best thing is that their upgraded roof rack is equipped with locks at both ends, which is effective in preventing theft and safer to use.

Additional note. There is a metal receiver built into the body that would anchor the rack mounts to the car. Just be sure to torque the bolts to the recommended spec.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-19 111855.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-04-19 111855.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 120
But they have been installing the Roof Glass skewed such that it actually
touched the J hook on some cars.
The torque spec is so low it's hard to find a torque wrench that goes that low.
Also I watched them install mine and they used not torque wrenches.