Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rooftop Tents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
come on man with the back seats folded down its like a queen side bed back there in the model s, with better then home cooling and heating why would you even look at camping on the roof
Yeah I ended up buying a teardrop trailer last August. The problem with just sleeping in the car or setting up a tent next to the car is the lack of storage. I'm gonna be living on the road full time so I need more stuff like a stove and a fridge and clothes and dog stuff. It adds up quick and the trailer is the perfect solution I'm happy with it.

This guy has done it. He’s done a few nice videos on camping with a Model Y with a roof tent.

• Load rating: 165lbs

Yeah I ended up buying a teardrop trailer last August. The problem with just sleeping in the car or setting up a tent next to the car is the lack of storage. I'm gonna be living on the road full time so I need more stuff like a stove and a fridge and clothes and dog stuff. It adds up quick and the trailer is the perfect solution I'm happy with it.

One advantage of sleeping in an EV is to be able to use the HVAC, especially when the car has an efficient Heat Pump.

What kind of teardrop trailer did you get? Any pics to share? How much does it weight? What impact on the range?

One advantage of sleeping in an EV is to be able to use the HVAC, especially when the car has an efficient Heat Pump.

What kind of teardrop trailer did you get? Any pics to share? How much does it weight? What impact on the range?
It's a bushwhacker 10HD, my wh/mi at 65mph is 600 there is more info and other people's experience on this thread here is a pic of the kitchen after I remodeled it.

PXL_20221006_232503060.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Watts_Up