Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Route 50 in Nevada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow I just came across this old thread. What a difference 7 years and a pandemic make!

I want to try 50 through NV and although there is no superchargers, but one coming to Ely soon, there seem to be sevsral CCS and I have the adapter.

Tesla really should add superchargers between tomopah and Ely.

has anyone ever done this drive?

Reactions: sewing1 and KJD
I did it in 2019. Wendover to Ely to Fallon. Then on to Carson City, South Shore of Tahoe, and to Sacramento. There are RV parks with 14-50s, and now real EV charging sites with CCS, CHAdeMO, and J1772 along the way. Let PlugShare be your guide. I intend to do it again when the Ely SC eventually gets built.

Kinda neat that it looks much the same today as when I first drove it ~40 years ago.

Be sure to get a "Loneliest Highway" passport. Get it stamped along the way. Then send in the card in the back, and get a free pin and "I Survived" certificate suitable for framing.

I did it in 2019. Wendover to Ely to Fallon. Then on to Carson City, South Shore of Tahoe, and to Sacramento. There are RV parks with 14-50s, and now real EV charging sites with CCS, CHAdeMO, and J1772 along the way. Let PlugShare be your guide. I intend to do it again when the Ely SC eventually gets built.

Kinda neat that it looks much the same today as when I first drove it ~40 years ago.

Be sure to get a "Loneliest Highway" passport. Get it stamped along the way. Then send in the card in the back, and get a free pin and "I Survived" certificate suitable for framing.
Where do I get the passport from? Sounds exciting. Supposedly the ELY charger is coming in Q3. Which means in the next week is that even possible? I love taking drives in my Tesla on mountain, desert, deserted roads. Just because.

Wow I just came across this old thread. What a difference 7 years and a pandemic make!

I want to try 50 through NV and although there is no superchargers, but one coming to Ely soon, there seem to be sevsral CCS and I have the adapter.

Tesla really should add superchargers between tomopah and Ely.

has anyone ever done this drive?
I looked up the CCS chargers along the way and max seems to be 50 kW and iften broken. I always went out 50 to go to Colorado from south of Carson City(pre Tesla)but until Ely has a Supercharger, i80 would be faster and less hassle.