Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RPM Tesla Carbon Fiber Center Console Fit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just purchased the recently released RPM Tesla molded Carbon Fiber (not sticker) center console cover.
Model 3 Carbon Fiber Molded Center Console Cover - $159 or $189

I wonder if others bought this kit and whether the pieces fit any better?
The fit is less than ideal where the cup holder portion meets the front lower storage door, and the small removable trim piece of the phone dock.

Cup holder area shows a gap just between cup holder and front lower storage door (I left on the CF sticker under this piece to minimize the look of this gap):
20190120_160953.jpg

Also, the removable trim part that covers the wire of the phone dock is about 1/8"-3/16" short on either side.
Here's the right side.
20190120_161039.jpg

Left side
20190120_161033.jpg

Mostly happy, its not a great fit for 2 of the pieces, and like always RPM Tesla ignores emails when there's an issue. Emailed them 4 or 5 days ago...radio silence. Its clearly hand cut, so there will be variations, but for the price I expected better fit than the cheap CF from Amazon.

The piece for the rear USB ports also was not cut correctly, and then they tried to trim it after the clearcoat went on. In the process they scratched the clear, and the hand cut looks like crap.

20190120_153857.jpg
20190120_153904 (1).jpg

You can see the port on the right, the left side of the opening is really rough. The 2 scratches are tough to see but are right in line with the right port and go all the way to the edge of the trim.

I mean as decorative pieces the only job they have is to look good. Still no response from RPM Tesla. I'll email them again today. 2 Emails sent so far.

Attachments

• 20190120_153904.jpg
    20190120_153904.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 159
Reactions: Jimmy 1
I’m also thinking about getting these. Are you happy with them? How does it look? I’ve yet to see a wide view picture which is holding me back. You’d think RPM would take good pictures to sell their product.

I agree wit Vines as well I ordered the same kit and it came out better than I anticipated. I def think this is a great buy and every time I get in the car I am so happy I got this CF molded kit. I got the glossy one to match my dashboard and wheel with my spoiler.

If you need any pics let me know.

Arash

I installed the $30 kit from eBay: it looks identical the the RPM kit, with the exception of no USB port piece (I didn't need it as I had installed a wireless charger for my phone). Went on easy, looks great (just like, if not better, than the pictures above).

I got my kit in matte finish and was blown away by the look. I have matte vinyl on my dash and steering wheel and can tell the difference. Today however I found it lifting on the cup holder section which I was able to push down. The top piece also has a fat bubble. It was installed a few days ago and seemed fine up until this morning. I contacted RPM TESLA. Hopefully this can be fixed but I’m not sure if this can reapplied or if I need replacement pieces.

Attachments

• 2F407EB8-BAD9-46ED-96DE-470CCAEE6E43.jpeg
    2F407EB8-BAD9-46ED-96DE-470CCAEE6E43.jpeg
    349 KB · Views: 188
I installed the $30 kit from eBay: it looks identical the the RPM kit, with the exception of no USB port piece (I didn't need it as I had installed a wireless charger for my phone). Went on easy, looks great (just like, if not better, than the pictures above).
Please provide link to the one on Amazon. I’m looking for the thick glossy carbon fiber center console kit like RPMs.