Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RPM Tesla Mud Flaps are very nice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just installed second generation mud flaps from RPM Tesla and they are very nice and easy to install. No drilling required. Great prices and quick delivery. See attached pictures.

Attachments

• RPM_Mud_Flap_Front_1.JPG
    RPM_Mud_Flap_Front_1.JPG
    642.3 KB · Views: 772
  • RPM_Mud_Flap_Front_2.JPG
    RPM_Mud_Flap_Front_2.JPG
    870.9 KB · Views: 643
  • RPM_Mud_Flap_Rear_1.JPG
    RPM_Mud_Flap_Rear_1.JPG
    695.9 KB · Views: 647
  • Informative
Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
Did you have any PPF on the body where these are installed? I've heard most of mud flaps and splash guards trap the dirt and salt between them and the body, even the official Tesla kit. Maybe the Rally Armor ones and another brand don't because of how they are designed and installed where they don't touch the side of the car.

I did not apply any PPF so far. I would not be surprised mud flaps would trap just as many dirt or other foreign objects in other vehicles as well, PPF applied or not. For $40 plus $10 shipping is pretty cheap as compared to $43K of what I paid for my Model 3.

Peter

I just installed them on both my car and my wife’s - they fit really nicely. It’s true that the white is not a perfect match. But it’s pretty good - you have to be looking really closely to notice. As for the possibility for abrasions - I suppose there is some but it is pretty far under the car - and my feeling is I’ll happily run that minor risk to protect the balance of the side of the car. Install was easy with the exception of getting the plastic rivets to pop in full. I ended up gently using a rubber mallet. There was no just “pressing” them in fully.

Pretty good so far.
Peter
I can’t recommend these. If you live in the Northern tier, or anyplace where you can expect snow, the cup design holds packed snow behind both front and back tires. Under the right conditions this freezes, you go over a driveway or road bump, and the whole mud flap simply breaks off. This was my first winter in Montana with them and I’ve had the left front one break twice. RPM won’t sell you just the left front so you have to buy the whole set. Anyone need a RF, L or RR? I’ll have to look for something different as buying 2 entire sets every winter seems a bit much.

I can’t recommend these. If you live in the Northern tier, or anyplace where you can expect snow, the cup design holds packed snow behind both front and back tires. Under the right conditions this freezes, you go over a driveway or road bump, and the whole mud flap simply breaks off. This was my first winter in Montana with them and I’ve had the left front one break twice. RPM won’t sell you just the left front so you have to buy the whole set. Anyone need a RF, L or RR? I’ll have to look for something different as buying 2 entire sets every winter seems a bit much.

Agreed. Experienced the same thing in Ohio.

100% in the past 14 Month, I've went through 2 sets of them. A quick call to their customer service, the girl said I MUST of drove it off-road or hit a curb...lol. The first one broke from driving over a puddle at near highway speed and the second broke when I was driver over speed bumps at a parking lot.

Attachments

• IMG_3182.JPG
    IMG_3182.JPG
    296.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_3183.JPG
    IMG_3183.JPG
    237.8 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_3186.JPG
    IMG_3186.JPG
    214.9 KB · Views: 125