Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rugged Textile floor and rear mats now available on Tesla shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cool thanks, was thinking of getting the complete maxpider set but now might only get the first and second rows and get this one for the trunk.

Check these out. They are basically the same as the maxpider but on sale right now.
TAPTES All-Weather Floor Mats for Tesla Model Y 2020 2021

I just got this rear cargo mat and really like it. Again it is the same as maxpider, but I like the pattern much better. Also it does not have "velcro" on the rear portion which makes it much easier to access the lower compartment.
Trunk Mat for Tesla Model Y 2020 2021, All Weather Rear Cargo Liner

20201213_161906.jpg

Check these out. They are basically the same as the maxpider but on sale right now.
TAPTES All-Weather Floor Mats for Tesla Model Y 2020 2021

I just got this rear cargo mat and really like it. Again it is the same as maxpider, but I like the pattern much better. Also it does not have "velcro" on the rear portion which makes it much easier to access the lower compartment.
Trunk Mat for Tesla Model Y 2020 2021, All Weather Rear Cargo Liner

Cool Thanks, I think I might try them, only difference is I want the frunk also so I might do the combo which the pattern looks slightly different.

Cargo Mats for Tesla Model Y, Set of 3, for Model Y 2020 2021

Cool Thanks, I think I might try them, only difference is I want the frunk also so I might do the combo which the pattern looks slightly different.

Cargo Mats for Tesla Model Y, Set of 3, for Model Y 2020 2021

Yeah, I saw that new set! That is a great price and look like very nice mats. I do like the pattern I have a little better, but it is certainly not a deal breaker.
This set was not available when I bought the mat posted above. I just contacted them to see if I can get just the Frunk and Sub-Trunk Well mats. Hopefully I can add the 2 auxiliary mats for a small amount. There is only a $10 difference between this set of 3 and the mat that I got .. and I believe that the material is pretty much the same.

Reactions: another813
I received the Tesla All Weather Rear Trunk Liner today. It came curled up and needed to get weighted down in the corners. I will try posting pictures tomorrow after it hopefully flattens down. I will also test how easy it is to open the truck well.

My initial thoughts were that it fit perfectly, but it was hardly worth the $130 that Tesla charged me (lesson learned). While I haven't seen the Tesmanian equivalent, it seems hard to justify paying more than double their price to get the "official" mat. It also lacks a raised lip on the hatch side (it has a very small bump) so if the car it tilted and there are a lot of liquids, some could run down into the sub trunk.

In anticipation of delivery of my Y later this week, I scoured the internet for all choices of rear cargo mats. Having had numerous SUV's and four wheel drives, I'm quite familiar with these things. I need solid rubber waterproof with side walls since I haul potted plants and leaky bags of soil from the nursery to my home for gardening. I need to be able to brush all the crap out and occasionally remove them to hose them down. I have always used WeatherTech, but I couldn't see a real picture on their site of their's installed. There were a lot of much cheaper rubber ones on ebay, and then the 3d textured ones that are useless for my purpose because they'll collect dirt and dust and can't be brushed easily. I ultimately bought the genuine Tesla rubber rear mat (as seen in the above post) because it looks easy to clean, along with their more heavy duty front and rear seat floor mats. Will report on them next week....

Received the Tesla Rugged Textile cargo mat for my 2021 3 yesterday.

Pros: Surprisingly light, minimalist design, no logo, and basically looks like it is part of the car. Super easy to roll up and doesn’t impede access to the sub-trunk. Should be easy to vacuum and keep nice looking for most uses. Very grippy neoprene bottom so it stays put. Texture appears to be heat formed impression in the synthetic carpet loop.

Cons: edges are simply cut with no sewn or even a heat-sealed border (doesn’t seem to need it). No raised lip. Can crease.

For hauling messy plants and bags of soil from the nursery, maybe not the first choice, but should be fine for everything else without looking so utilitarian like the many rubber mats.

I bet carpet versus the rubber helps with noise. Rubber or flat designs will reflect noise, especially in the hollow hatch, versus carpet.
How do folks still like the rugged Tesla mat? I’m considering it. Mostly kid stuff will go in the back, or a dog, or dirty motorcycle clothing.

Still liking my rugged floor mat, with only two negatives on it: 1) it is not a non-slip surface like rubber, so some things may slide around on it easily, and 2) while it doesn't impede access to the sub trunk, it seems like it would be better if it has some sort of built-in crease and/or velcro to accommodate the sub trunk panel better.

Otherwise... the rugged mat looks nice and vacuums up very easily.

For grip, I've taken to keeping an old yoga mat in the trunk. Makes a handy way to protect the bumper when loading / unloading, and it's grippy. The yoga mat rolls up when not needed. You can find yoga mats pretty cheap at big box stores like Target or Walmart. You could probably cut two to fit and have a nice trunk mat solution.

Reactions: Madsen203
Think I'm going to pick these up, the price isn't bad and I like the look. When I haul messes (ex. pool salt) I generally take a moving blanket or tarp anyway to protect everything. I'll just keep one or the other in the subfloor.

Any longer term reviews on these since they've been out a while, they holding up ok?

Last edited:
I love the rugged textile rear cargo mat. However, the first and second row ones are junk. I bought them as was excited to receive them. They do not fit correctly and have about 2-3” gap between the front seat riser and where the mat starts. I ran them for a while but became tired or readjusting them all the time. I have the Tesla all weather mats in the first and second row. They fit perfectly and have a nice modern look to them. I wouldn’t recommend the rugged textile mats for anything but the hatch area. There it fits perfect, easy to clean and looks really nice.

Reactions: scooter77
Reactions: scooter77
I went with Tesmanian trunk, seat back, and frunk mats. I really like the matching seat backs and was the reason I went with Tesmanian, to get the matched look. Interior mats I went with a different brand though.

View attachment 700050
The only reason I didn’t go with the all weather mats in back is because of the lip at the back seat. My seats stay folded Monday thru Friday. I take out dog with me to work everyday. He gets to run around the office. Aesthetically I think the textile mat looks better as the all weather mats look aged quite quickly. Is there anyway to clean them up and look shiny new?