Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rumble after update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All, My car was just updated yesterday to 2019.8.5 and when I drove it for the first time today I noticed an occasional rumble from the left front. Feels like running over a rumble strip on the highway. Could this be from autopilot? Is it possible that a setting was changed during the update? I didn’t have autopilot on (still on trial period) so not sure but I do know this wasn’t happening on the previous version.
The car is still very new to me so I appreciate any help and advice.
Thank you

Hello All, My car was just updated yesterday to 2019.8.5 and when I drove it for the first time today I noticed an occasional rumble from the left front. Feels like running over a rumble strip on the highway. Could this be from autopilot? Is it possible that a setting was changed during the update? I didn’t have autopilot on (still on trial period) so not sure but I do know this wasn’t happening on the previous version.
The car is still very new to me so I appreciate any help and advice.
Thank you
Lane departure warning may have been switched on by the update. Check the settings under the autopilot tab. People have described this as feeling like driving over a rumble strip.

Reactions: Matt L
Interesting, I've also noticed random occasional phantom vibrations through my steering wheel since 8.5. Feels weaker than the normal vibrations from lane departure warning and has happened a few times when stopped.

There is some sort of pump or diverter valve or something that occasionally runs for few moments while driving and sounds like it’s behind the fire wall on drivers side. It’s fairly subtle. You might feel it ever so slightly. If radio is on, you probably would not notice it.

I posted a thread a while back and others knew what it was. And I had never noticed for months. I’m not sure if it is in your case. Now my ears are kind of tuned to it and notice it more often.

This is a definite rumble in the steering wheel, not an audible noise.
Got home late so tomorrow I’ll check the autopilot settings and take it for a long ride to zero in on it.
zhu, did you check your lane departure settings? Is it still happening?
Thanks again