Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Rumor] Tesla Model S Facelift in 2016 !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...check out the star inspired interior....

View attachment 105365

Man that's god awful ugly. I don't get the two different wood tones. It's like they ran out of the darker one so used lighter on that little strip. Plus way too much wood and I hate lines that go in opposite directions and form shapes like the arrow in the middle. It's like it's telling you to look up. And the stars look like a disco bar room ceiling. But I know taste is a personal thing. To each their own I guess.

Man that's god awful ugly. I don't get the two different wood tones. It's like they ran out of the darker one so used lighter on that little strip. Plus way too much wood and I hate lines that go in opposite directions and form shapes like the arrow in the middle. It's like it's telling you to look up. And the stars look like a disco bar room ceiling. But I know taste is a personal thing. To each their own I guess.

The opposite direction is where the display pops open.....

Rolls Royce Wraith Interior Steering (6) Images - Rolls Royce Wraith Test Drive – Review

Here ares some more shots of the gorgeous interior...:cool:
I mean it' is a Rolls !!!

2014 Rolls-Royce Wraith - 20 photos - GTspirit

My 2016 Model S arrives this weekend in Colorado. Delivery is on Monday. I will take pictures of the new nose and post them after my delivery.

Ha! I wonder how they will reveal a new nose since people who don't like it, and ordered their vehicle based on the picture on the website, would be rightly upset. I guess for that change it will have to be announced in advance.

Also, if you're getting your car this weekend, the VIN will be 2015. It's only cars made Jan 1 forward that get a 2016 VIN. At least that's my understanding.

View attachment 104977

I don't hate this at all. I'll be totally happy if they pull a BMW, update the lights, update some trim and call it a day. BMW generally does what they call a Life Cycle Impulse update on their cars where they stretch a few more years out of a design. Examples would be the 2016 3 series facelift, the 2014 5 series (and the addition of LED headlights there), the 2013 7 series, etc.

The cool thing with BMW's approach is that it generally opens up new possibilities for owners of the existing cars. So even though you couldn't get LED headlights in the 2011 cars the 2014's lights would physically fit and you could code them to work. If Tesla added LED headlights to the S and gave existing owners an upgrade path to put them on their cars I'd be totally stoked. I'd love to see a transition away from the individual LEDs in the tail lights that form the perimeter light and a move to something more like a light tube similar to current Mercedes Benzes.

Also, if you're getting your car this weekend, the VIN will be 2015. It's only cars made Jan 1 forward that get a 2016 VIN. At least that's my understanding.

No...Telsa is delivering a bunch of MS with '16 VINS before the end of the month. The guess is that so many new owners wanted to push into late January/early February to get the "G" in the VIN they changed their VIN methodology to provide incentive to those car owners to take delivery in December so they could meet production goals. Most that were offered I guess did so because the tax credit can be realized this year rather than next so NPV plus you get the car a month sooner. That is what I did.

It's not strange. ICEVs don't need their grilles to be as large as many of them are. It's hard to shake cultural associations.

Not to mention why some people think a dull, featureless front end is somehow automatically superior?

I am a part of a lot of non Tesla automotive forums. Go ask any other vehicle people out there, the X is one of the least attractive "SUV's" on the road. Don't know why anyone would want that styling to come to the S which is well known as one of the best looking cars on the road.

My 2016 Model S arrives this weekend in Colorado. Delivery is on Monday. I will take pictures of the new nose and post them after my delivery.
What "new" Model S nose are you referring to? To date no one has reported seeing a new Model S nose design, and there is no evidence that it will happen any time soon.
I am certain that your new Model S, built earlier this month, will look the same in the front as every other Model S built to date (pre-production prototypes excluded, of course).

There is no such thing as a 2016 Model S. It's a Model S which is being continually improved. The first Model S built in 2016 will very likely be identical to the last Model S built in 2015. Changes in components or new features can happen at any time through the year.

They sold the nosecone to Red Bull and the facelift will look like this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451070309.872040.jpg

Not to mention why some people think a dull, featureless front end is somehow automatically superior?

I am a part of a lot of non Tesla automotive forums. Go ask any other vehicle people out there, the X is one of the least attractive "SUV's" on the road. Don't know why anyone would want that styling to come to the S which is well known as one of the best looking cars on the road.

Just speaking on aesthetics, I personally find the falcon wing doors kind of cool, but the nose on the X is ugly and the front windshield is hideous. The front windshield looks like the car is going bald. I have no interest in the X for many reasons, among them I'm not a big fan of SUVs, but I think that front windshield is going to be incredibly annoying driving west late in the day when the sun is out, or east early in the morning.

But to each their own. There are some vehicles I don't like the look of that sell in big numbers, so I'm hardly the fashion police. Just my opinions.

I do hope the S never gets the X nosecone. I strongly doubt the S is going to change much at all until after the Model 3 is in production and when it does, I think each Tesla car will have its own unique nose. The S may change the nose a bit, but it will still be distinct from the X.

Go ask any other vehicle people out there, the X is one of the least attractive "SUV's" on the road. Don't know why anyone would want that styling to come to the S which is well known as one of the best looking cars on the road.

That's strange because all my "vehicle people" tell me that the Model X is the sleekest, most modern, and best looking SUV out there. It makes other SUVs look like a museum piece.

I'll have my vehicle people talk to your vehicle people the straighten them out so they can leave behind the vestige of clunky SUVs and move onto modern SUVs :)

The Model X's clean and elegant front will work very nicely in the Model S.

The X nose rendering makes the S look very pedestrian - Maybe if it were lower/more sloped. I remember reading somewhere that Elon made mention that the S will be in production for eight years before a major re-do with a minor refresh at the four-year mark ~ end of 2016. There are only ~ 120k of them on the road globally, so, it's far from being old news. I still can't believe how many people have no idea what my car is, have never heard of Tesla or that it's an all electric car. The design, although old for many of us, is still very fresh for the rest of the world.