Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Runaway Shopping Cart

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in my car today charging in the Hy-Vee parking lot, and reading the news on the car's web browser. I heard a rattling sound, and looked up to see a runaway shopping cart heading for my car. I jumped out and stopped it just before it would have hit the front of the car. I was really mad, because I felt certain that a Tesla hater had deliberately pushed the cart in my direction hoping it would hit my car.

As I walked the cart back to the corral, I didn't see anyone around who might have done it. Then it dawned on me that I can press the dashcam video button to save the last 10 minutes of video from the car's cameras. I had to laugh when I saw how the cart wound up careening into my car. Enjoy!

Love a good suspenseful mystery video! Thank goodness you heard the rattling and looked up. Guess the lesson is never park down slope of a cart corral area although we never really see exactly how that cart got pushed in that direction. I had to replay it once I saw it headed past that parked car cause it did look like it came out of nowhere. Love our TeslaCams! It did look like the cart took direct aim for your Tesla though :p

Reactions: UnicornDriver
I had my brand new Golf R for like 3 days when I walked out of a store to stand there and watch a shopping cart roll right in to the back bumper at like 20 MPH. It was the only car in the parking lot and it was too far away for me to do anything but watch. Glad you avoided disaster.

Reactions: UnicornDriver
I had my brand new Golf R for like 3 days when I walked out of a store to stand there and watch a shopping cart roll right in to the back bumper at like 20 MPH. It was the only car in the parking lot and it was too far away for me to do anything but watch. Glad you avoided disaster.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that! How disappointing! I think those carts might have a mind of their own. o_O

• Funny
Reactions: diezel_dave