Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Russia/Ukraine conflict

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It could have been a body double, maybe on both planes while the real Prigozhin took a train or maybe he never left Africa. With Ruzzia who knows what's real? They are all pathological liars. If Prigozhin was on the plane he was an idiot to fly over Ruzzia not expecting an attempt at a bomb or a missile. Hopefully Vlad gets what he deserves as well.
All good points but IMHO it doesn't much matter if Prigozhin is alive or dead.
  1. Putin has shown (yet again) that he is not to be trusted. Appeasers and insurrectionists take note.
  2. Unless the plane was filled with body doubles, the Wagner Group has been mostly decapitated
  3. This was basically an act of war by Putin against Wagner
  4. At least one Wagner associated Telegram channel has vowed revenge against Putin
  5. A martyred Prigozhin may be more powerful than a living Prigozhin in hiding
The brazen assassination attempt was the key thing. Total decapitation of Wagner would be a bonus.

Eh, what? The 737, Gol-Transportes-Aéreos-Fight 1907, crashed, killing all 154 passengers and crew.
Frankly I have no explanation for my gaffe. I knew better, especially because it was destined for Rio after a stop in Brasilia. Considering that the entire saga occupied my local press and community for more than a year my error is even harder to justify. Senility, perhaps?:eek::eek:😭

No - it's 42 F-16 from Norway to Ukraina:

Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Støre is in Kyiv. The visit comes a few days after Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyj himself took a trip abroad. At the weekend he visited the Netherlands. It then became known that the country will provide 42 fighter aircraft of the F-16 type to Ukraine. Denmark also promised to send 19 planes. They are the first countries that have promised to provide F-16s to Ukraine.

The first six planes could arrive by the end of the year. When they can be put into use is unclear. And they will hardly arrive in time to help Ukraine in the ongoing and decisive counter-offensive, which has gone slower than planned.

The news was presented at a press conference with Zelenskyj and Støre.

- I thank the Prime Minister for this decision. It is a historic decision, Zelenskyy said.

Furthermore, Zelenskyj said, among other things:

- Thanks to Norwegian support, we have literally saved thousands of lives.

Source (maybe paywalled): https://www.aftenposten.no/verden/i/vePKrl/stoere-norge-vil-gi-f-16-til-ukraina

For those still interested in "the second jet":

The Grey Zone and another site are showing an aircraft RA-0274B which is a Russian-registered Embraer E190 (the base of Lineage 1000, their largest, longest range business jet). Other things remaning equal why would not Prigozhin be in the largest, more comfortable airplane? What were there two? What really happened to the other one.

Regardless of the outcome this one seems to be 100% Mafia-style intrigue and misdirection. Russian instability might actually be rising.

I have no idea what is true or not, just that this is amazing.
FWIW the Legacy 600, the one shot down, si one fo the world's most robust business jets. One was in a mid-air collision in the Amazon with a Boeing 737. Both survived, with no injuries but the Embraer did not even have major damage. They are very popular in Russia due to their robust qualities and their less expensive purchase and operating costs compared to the competition.
eh ?

I seem to remember the B737 was a total loss. They were flying in opposite directions for the same waypoint and no lateral separation. The wingtip of the L600 sliced the stabiliser off the B737 which then turned over and went straight in, mid-Amazonas. Many (all) dead on the B737. The L600 was so lucky it was just the wing tip extension.

(I see this has already been dealt with)

No - it's 42 F-16 from Norway to Ukraina:

Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Støre is in Kyiv. The visit comes a few days after Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyj himself took a trip abroad. At the weekend he visited the Netherlands. It then became known that the country will provide 42 fighter aircraft of the F-16 type to Ukraine. Denmark also promised to send 19 planes. They are the first countries that have promised to provide F-16s to Ukraine.

The first six planes could arrive by the end of the year. When they can be put into use is unclear. And they will hardly arrive in time to help Ukraine in the ongoing and decisive counter-offensive, which has gone slower than planned.

The news was presented at a press conference with Zelenskyj and Støre.

- I thank the Prime Minister for this decision. It is a historic decision, Zelenskyy said.

Furthermore, Zelenskyj said, among other things:

- Thanks to Norwegian support, we have literally saved thousands of lives.

Source (maybe paywalled): https://www.aftenposten.no/verden/i/vePKrl/stoere-norge-vil-gi-f-16-til-ukraina

Incorrect. It was the Netherlands, not Norway, that has reportedly offered 42 F-16 to Ukraine. Norway is reported to have offered between 5-10.

Beau of the Fifth Column on Ukraine's recent special forces operation in Crimea:

Let's talk about Ukraine, special things, and what happened...

Beau comes from a military family and is an ex-private military contractor so he is intimately familiar with how special forces operate and what they can and cannot do. He thinks there was a military purpose to the recent incursion into Crimea by Ukraine special forces but he doesn't know what it was. He also says it's very likely there were previous incursions similar to this one that were not advertised.

Beau of the Fifth Column on Ukraine's recent special forces operation in Crimea:

Let's talk about Ukraine, special things, and what happened...

Beau comes from a military family and is an ex-private military contractor so he is intimately familiar with how special forces operate and what they can and cannot do. He thinks there was a military purpose to the recent incursion into Crimea by Ukraine special forces but he doesn't know what it was. He also says it's very likely there were previous incursions similar to this one that were not advertised.
The clues would be:

They used valuable anti ship missile to take out s300 launcher
Landed special forces by helicopter
Conducted operations
Evacuated by boat

Makes you wonder what was happening