Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RWD Winter driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my invite today and live in Ottawa. Really torn what to do given the amount of snow we get here. I doubt I will get the invite for the AWD until end of year and I think our $14K credit will be gone by then. Don't know what to do. I currently drive a Chevy Volt so have FWD and have no issues but I keep hearing that RWD and snow don't mix. I would get winter tires .
Just for comparison, my RWD Model 3 is as agile in snow as any front wheel drive car I have owned. Keep in mind that this in not a normal RWD car because the weight is equally distributed over the wheels.

Reactions: dhrivnak
Dr Gez, It is my understanding that if you select "Start Designing" then select "Hold My Place" you will be able to configure any time you wish. Lets say that Tesla plans to start production in July 2018, I suspect that they will allow the configuration late May/early June. You will be able to configure as soon as anyone else. jmho

I'm trying to get a sense what they will offer me for my trade in and they won't even do that and once you make the order they say you can't cancel it. It almost seems like it breaks some sort of rules since once I do my order online, they could offer me way under value for my trade in and I have to either accept it or not trade it in - which then impacts the taxes you pay on the car if you don;t trade in. I am seriously thinking of not buying since they should be wooing me to become a customer and not trying to make me seem grateful they allow me to buy one of their cars

I'm trying to get a sense what they will offer me for my trade in and they won't even do that and once you make the order they say you can't cancel it. It almost seems like it breaks some sort of rules since once I do my order online, they could offer me way under value for my trade in and I have to either accept it or not trade it in - which then impacts the taxes you pay on the car if you don;t trade in. I am seriously thinking of not buying since they should be wooing me to become a customer and not trying to make me seem grateful they allow me to buy one of their cars

i feel your pain i want to get an appraisal for my camaro but i haven't heard anything yet. Closer to the delivery they should get in touch with me regarding the trade in; will see

They have 450,000 pre-orders for a car they're just barely able to make 3000 a week of so far- why would they need to "woo" anybody? Even if they hit their 5k/week target for July it'll be about 2 years before they need any new customers.

What is it called and is it available on Amazon

It is called The Portable Tow Truck. I thought of getting a set to carry when we are on our cross country trips, but we only go on those during the summer, and never leave the pavement. If we were anywhere with ice and snow I would keep them in the trunk, just in case. They have videos on the website and on youtube.

The Portable Tow Truck I The ultimate emergency tire traction device to get your car or truck unstuck.

Reactions: Viv ki Bijli
It is called The Portable Tow Truck. I thought of getting a set to carry when we are on our cross country trips, but we only go on those during the summer, and never leave the pavement. If we were anywhere with ice and snow I would keep them in the trunk, just in case. They have videos on the website and on youtube.

The Portable Tow Truck I The ultimate emergency tire traction device to get your car or truck unstuck.

Thanks their is huge price difference between us and Canada Amazon sites. I will buy from US site

I live in Chicago area and received one of the first area M3's in January. Lots of snow in February here and drove the 3 with RWD regularly and had no problem at all. Drove the 3 over my AWD MX which has performance tires that act more like ice skates. The 3 RWD was much safer in the snow!

• Informative
Reactions: DR61