Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S 75D and X 75D dropped from Tesla lineup, Model 3 "competition"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They'll do what gets them the most electrification the fastest, and that's making the cars they are going to sell the most of be the best damn cars they can possibly be [without going out of business]. Product differentiation seems like a distraction unless it's directly accomplishing that goal, and I think it's something legacy automakers are more likely to worry about. And if Tesla does use [lazy] product differentiation to withhold features that they could feasibly put in lower-priced cars, they're only hurting their own core mission.

The 100K segment is an important part of Tesla's history, but I wonder how much of a priority for their future. Certainly well-heeled buyers add desirability to the brand overall but as a large proportion of electrification? Not so much.

Agreed - That’s why I didn’t have an qualms about sacrificing on size to pick up new tech. I don’t see Tesla withholding the good tech/other advancements for higher end priced models.