Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S accessories in Seattle: tires/wheels, chains, heat shields, mats, paint repair

ChadS

Last tank of gas: March 2009
Jul 16, 2009
Redmond, WA
I recently turned in my leased S; here is what I still have lying around. Most priced about half of new. I am obviously more interested in local sales (I live in Issaquah), but if somebody far away wants something, let me know and we'll see about shipping.

Winter wheels with good tires - $1,250. They are a square set of 19" "split spoke" wheels. These are a little older and have a little rash, but nothing serious. The tires are Tesla's Sottozero 3 "performance winter" tires, size 245/45R19. Despite the winter name (which means they don't turn in to blocks at low temperatures), Tire Rack test results show they work pretty well year-round; my wife had a set and used them that way. This set came from my P90DL; I had a 21" summer set so this was a winter set I had put on just for last season. They didn't get used much, so they have 8/32" tread at all measurements (inside, center, outside on all four tires). Here is a picture of the wheels:

Split spoke wheels.jpg

And HERE are the tires on Tesla's web site - ignore the wheels, obviously.

I also have a set of unused (though I did try them on) snow chains for these tires. $43. They were Tesla's recommended chains for the Model S before they started selling the far more expensive Trak system. HERE is a detailed thread that talks about them; note there is a lot of confusion in the thread about whether they could be used on the front or not; Tesla didn't say at first, then said they could, but they didn't seem to fit on the fronts and Tesla finally clarified that they are for the rear wheels only.

I also have some Lloyd's Ultimat floor mats. In "100 Black". I have the long mat for the rear seats, and the large rear cargo mat, and a small mat for the rear trunk well also (though it's a Lloyd's Velourtex in "Charcoal"). $131 for the rear floor mat and both rear cargo mats. We rarely had rear passengers, and used a blanket with any messy cargo, so those mats are in great shape. The lower cargo mat had some indentations from an emergency kit I stored back there. Note I didn't include front mats, because I am re-using the Lloyd's top-of-the-line Luxe front mats in my Model 3; but if you want a one-stop-shopping full mat set, I can include those for $90 additional.

Heat shields, $40. Three shields: one for the front windshield, one for the pano roof over the front seats, and one for the glass roof over the rear seats (the last two come as a set). I love these and have ordered more for our other cars - they fit great, and both reflect and insulate. They are great at keeping heat out (like when you are at a Supercharger), or in if you are camping in the car.

Dr Colorchip paint repair kit for Metallic Black. $15. Tesla re-sells a variant of this kit for $55. This kit has been used, but it looks like more than half of it is left.

Last edited:

ChadS

Last tank of gas: March 2009
Jul 16, 2009
Redmond, WA
Here's an actual pic of the wheels and tires. Yeah, they are filthy and I didn't wash them - my laziness won out over my good intentions once again.

20180916_174123.jpg

Here are the floormats - I did manage to vacuum them:
20180916_174844_HDR.jpg

And here's everything else:

20180916_175233.jpg

Last edited:

deaton52

Jun 22, 2012
Seattle
I recently turned in my leased S; here is what I still have lying around. Most priced about half of new. I am obviously more interested in local sales (I live in Issaquah), but if somebody far away wants something, let me know and we'll see about shipping.

Winter wheels with good tires - $1,250. They are a square set of 19" "split spoke" wheels. These are a little older and have a little rash, but nothing serious. The tires are Tesla's Sottozero 3 "performance winter" tires, size 245/45R19. Despite the winter name (which means they don't turn in to blocks at low temperatures), Tire Rack test results show they work pretty well year-round; my wife had a set and used them that way. This set came from my P90DL; I had a 21" summer set so this was a winter set I had put on just for last season. They didn't get used much, so they have 8/32" tread at all measurements (inside, center, outside on all four tires). Here is a picture of the wheels:

View attachment 335589

And HERE are the tires on Tesla's web site - ignore the wheels, obviously.

I also have a set of unused (though I did try them on) snow chains for these tires. $43. They were Tesla's recommended chains for the Model S before they started selling the far more expensive Trak system. HERE is a detailed thread that talks about them; note there is a lot of confusion in the thread about whether they could be used on the front or not; Tesla didn't say at first, then said they could, but they didn't seem to fit on the fronts and Tesla finally clarified that they are for the rear wheels only.

I also have some Lloyd's Ultimat floor mats. In "100 Black". I have the long mat for the rear seats, and the large rear cargo mat, and a small mat for the rear trunk well also (though it's a Lloyd's Velourtex in "Charcoal"). $131 for the rear floor mat and both rear cargo mats. We rarely had rear passengers, and used a blanket with any messy cargo, so those mats are in great shape. The lower cargo mat had some indentations from an emergency kit I stored back there. Note I didn't include front mats, because I am re-using the Lloyd's top-of-the-line Luxe front mats in my Model 3; but if you want a one-stop-shopping full mat set, I can include those for $90 additional.

Heat shields, $40. Three shields: one for the front windshield, one for the pano roof over the front seats, and one for the glass roof over the rear seats (the last two come as a set). I love these and have ordered more for our other cars - they fit great, and both reflect and insulate. They are great at keeping heat out (like when you are at a Supercharger), or in if you are camping in the car.

Dr Colorchip paint repair kit for Metallic Black. $15. Tesla re-sells a variant of this kit for $55. This kit has been used, but it looks like more than half of it is left.

deaton52

Jun 22, 2012
Seattle
Chad-

I'd take the heat shields for my 2012 Sig Model S, which has already moved to Arizona ahead of me. Definitely will need them there.

e-mail me at [email protected] to arrange for pick up and payment. I'm in the Seattle area only for another couple of weeks.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC