Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

S3XY Knob (initial impressions)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks! Will pop on discord.

In terms of the adding button functions it just seemed odd to have an architecture that requires individual 'adding' of actions to the knob.. I can think of a more abstract architecture that would ensure the commander held all available actions with enough meta data per action to be applicable to a s3xy button and the s3xy knob.. so once added it applies to both.. but I can't imagine pointing out that may be they should have used a different approach will go down receptively, so probably best kept to myself, as long as the functions get added, it doesn't really matter!

The other oddity which may or may not be related is since installing the s3xy knob, my car has been deep sleeping and so not working with Octopus Intelligent and the Tesla app very well.. i.e. if I open the Tesla App I just get the spinning icon and a greyed out car, often showing last connected 6h ago and won't reconnect... That might be general communication issues, but I've not been able to charge automatically on Intelligent Octopus for 4 days now..
I agree about the apparent asymmetry of actions across knob and buttons - why?

No issues here with excessive deep sleep - the car wakes up as normal.