Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sad day.... Rear Ended

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup so it happened today, I was rear ended across Waimalu Elementary by a Ford Escape...

Damage doesn’t seem too bad, mainly bumper and lower part of hatch. Ford had some pretty bad front end damage. My concern is that the hatch seems to shutter while opening and sounds funny while closing...

I’m guessing I should have the service center look at the car to check it out.. has anyone done this? Do I set it up like a normal service appt?

Any recommended body shops?
737F1CB0-4D0D-4231-B116-476903D58479.jpeg

Yup so it happened today, I was rear ended across Waimalu Elementary by a Ford Escape...

Damage doesn’t seem too bad, mainly bumper and lower part of hatch. Ford had some pretty bad front end damage. My concern is that the hatch seems to shutter while opening and sounds funny while closing...

I’m guessing I should have the service center look at the car to check it out.. has anyone done this? Do I set it up like a normal service appt?

Any recommended body shops?
View attachment 414587
Sentry mode was activated ? If yes, you should have videos from the left_repeater or right_repeater camera.

Aloha. I was just rear ended as well. Trunk won’t close, sensors damaged paint damaged. Were u happy with the work done on your car. I live in Maui and will most likely send it over to Oahu, no certified shops on Maui

KW Autobody did great work!

I was lucky that the Tesla had the parts in stock at the SC. I needed a bumper cover and rear crash bar. Parts could take as long as a 1.5 Months according to KW.

FYI, the Airport location is the certified Tesla shop

Reactions: InParadise
KW Autobody did great work!

I was lucky that the Tesla had the parts in stock at the SC. I needed a bumper cover and rear crash bar. Parts could take as long as a 1.5 Months according to KW.

FYI, the Airport location is the certified Tesla shop
Thanks. Still waiting on the appraiser to look at the car. Ridiculous that it’s been 2 weeks+. As much as I want it fixed not looking forward to sending over to Honolulu. Going to try KW.

Perhaps you try Auto Paint Repair. They do bumpers if little indentation and no major dents in the fender.
Send them a picture and they should reply to you. I think my cost was < $500 and is done at your house.
Auto paint repair 220-3143

Perhaps you try Auto Paint Repair. They do bumpers if little indentation and no major dents in the fender.
Send them a picture and they should reply to you. I think my cost was < $500 and is done at your house.
Auto paint repair 220-3143
Thanks, looks like crash bar is bent, trunk lid is bent and it’s more than paint repair. I know it’s only a car, but I’m super pissed and even though the other guys insurance will cover everything, such a hassle