Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sad sad battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, don't leave the car at 100% at your house. You want to get the car to 100% and start discharging it. From everything I've read it's not good for the battery to remain stored at 100.
Every time I've needed 100% I've immediately taken off for my trip.
I don't pretend to have answers. I just wanted to tell you what I do and how happy I am with it.

Stated range is a stated range. I drive very efficiently but degredation is degredation. I know it's a thing, but seeing it go down that low and seeing a report that I'm 88% lower than the average is a legit concern. I know it will taper off. That number is bothersome when I have a 3 year old phone Which is charged to 100 every day, over 1000 cycles and I still have 89% of the original capacity. I feel I have a legit concern.

If you charged your car to 100% right now I bet you'd get 300+ if you drive conservatively.
I'm aware of this and I would definitely get around the 300if not more. I have an average of 243 since I got it and most of it was during cold months. My concern is legit. If I had a stated 310 range still I would get more than 310. If I drove it at 180kw/m I would get over 300 if I had 20% degredation so what are you saying? If I had 90% degredation and went down a steep hill for 270 miles I would get 300 miles. Should I not be concerned?

I'm aware of this and I would definitely get around the 300if not more. I have an average of 243 since I got it and most of it was during cold months. My concern is legit. If I had a stated 310 range still I would get more than 310. If I drove it at 180kw/m I would get over 300 if I had 20% degredation so what are you saying? If I had 90% degredation and went down a steep hill for 270 miles I would get 300 miles. Should I not be concerned?

You should not be concerned if your car travels as far as it claims to be able to. Is the point that you want to feel warm and fuzzy with what it shows at a 100% charge? My last car was a diesel. It had a stated range on a full tank. In the winter I'd get less mpg. In the summer I'd get more. Sounds familiar!

Reactions: Rocky_H
I'm at 288. I've lost about 14%

Attachments

• FusionCharts (4).jpg
    FusionCharts (4).jpg
    101 KB · Views: 78