Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RCM2_a564 Front left safety restraint system fault

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I see a lot of people already had issues "restraint system fault", some solved it by manipulating seats connectors... worst case scenario is to replace the complete seat (which would cost 3740€ here in Belgium !)
so before paying for nothing, I'm trying to find what this RCM2_a564 error could be.
I can't find it in the service manual error codes.
seems it would be something like "seaTrkPosLeftOpen" ... but I've no idea what it means.
I'll try to open my front left seat this weekend, disconnect all connectors then reconnect them...
I'll let you know if I can sove the issue... In the menatime if anyone knows what this error could mean ?

many thanks

Brgds

as you can see in the picture, one of the wire that connect the seat track sensor was cut in two.
I changed the cable myself and everything is back to normal.
note that the alert was quite self exlaining (seat track sensor position error) and the Tesla documentation on how to replace it is available online (see Sensor - Position - Seat Track - 1st Row Seat - LH (Remove and Replace))
I don't get how Tesla garage was'nt able to pinpoint this (easy) issue and that I had to fix it myself to avoid 3740€ invoice !

Attachments

• IMG_20230325_102531.jpg
    IMG_20230325_102531.jpg
    435.3 KB · Views: 285