Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front Passenger Safety Restraint System Fault

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Front Passenger Safety Restraint System Fault​

Getting error as shown in pic. Any idea how to fix ?

Attachments

• IMG_0795.jpeg
    IMG_0795.jpeg
    533.6 KB · Views: 347
Hi, my friends model 3 just started having this error as well, i wanted to see how did you fix it and how much did you end up paying also what the problem was, we are in CA, tesla service center quoted him $1800 to fix any sugestions where i could have it fixed for less expensive he lives in Los Angeles thanks for your time

For all of you that got it fixed under warranty, great. For those that paid for it, join us and file a complaint with NHTSA. They will open up and investigation and if a recall is issued you guys will get reimbursed. Takes 5 minute online or you can call in and let an agent do it for you. They have a call back system too so you don’t have to wait on the phone.

Tesla wanted me to authorize $2,500 for repairs out of warranty. After reading 4 different threads this definetly classifies as a known defect and major safety issue that they should fix for everyone.

NHTSA
Office of Defects Investigation
NHTSA complaints
Agent:

1-888-327–4236

Self File:

Report a Safety Problem: Tesla Front Passenger Restraint System Fault

Get your hard earned $ back

Reactions: TOBASH
My entire passenger seat assembly was replaced under warranty due to a faulty sensor in the seat. This created a passenger safety restraint system fault which led to the replacement. The sea assembly is attached to the chassis with four large black bolt. Two in the front, on either side, and two more in the back. After driving my car for four months with my wife sitting in that passenger seat, I discovered the two rear attachment bolts had never been installed and we're sitting behind the seat on the floor mat. This is an extremely serious issue and could've resulted an injury or death to my wife in the event of a crash. I am told that after maintenance work has been done on your automobile the work is in inspected before returning the car to the customer. I filed a report with Nica but I am told that there is no way to track any action that Nitsa may take. Your complaint is simply bundled with other similar complaints and may or may not be investigated.

A friend of mine has the Tesla factory service manual for the model S and sent me the seat replacement procedure. Since I have been unable to locate a source for the model three service manual I have to rely on the procedure in the model S manual. In this procedure it states that the existing mounting bolts must not be reused and must be discarded. For new mounting bolts must be drawn from stock and used during the reinstallation. I assume these bolts are coded with a thread locking compound design for a single insertion. The procedure also has a very precise torque limit must be set using an accurate torque wrench. Obviously anyone who has had their seat replaced should check to make sure that all four mounting bolts are installed, but there is no way for an owner to know whether the installation was done with factory fresh bolts which have been torqued to the specified value. I believe that every single vehicle which is had a front seat replacement needs to be recalled to have the existing bolts removed and replaced with new factory fresh bolts which are than torque to the correct value. The seat attachment rails should also be inspected to ensure that they have not been deformed by over torquing those bolts

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
For all of you that got it fixed under warranty, great. For those that paid for it, join us and file a complaint with NHTSA. They will open up and investigation and if a recall is issued you guys will get reimbursed. Takes 5 minute online or you can call in and let an agent do it for you. They have a call back system too so you don’t have to wait on the phone.

Tesla wanted me to authorize $2,500 for repairs out of warranty. After reading 4 different threads this definetly classifies as a known defect and major safety issue that they should fix for everyone.

NHTSA
Office of Defects Investigation
NHTSA complaints
Agent:

1-888-327–4236

Self File:

Report a Safety Problem: Tesla Front Passenger Restraint System Fault

Get your hard earned $ back
Filed a complaint in Jan and just got contacted by them today for more info. So it does work (hopefully)...