Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sagging underbelly pan (side)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
F1BD9A7F-1DA5-40D4-A96C-EF7F68110398.jpeg

While washing my car today I notice the undercarriage on the left side of the car is sagging. Any ideas why this is happening. Should I get it fixed ASAP? Thanks for the input.

Mine was like that on delivery. It turned out one of the clips wasn't aligned correctly when the pan was installed and it ended up folded. If you look in that gap, you might be able to see the clip, align it, and pop it in easily. Worked for me.

Mine was like that on delivery. It turned out one of the clips wasn't aligned correctly when the pan was installed and it ended up folded. If you look in that gap, you might be able to see the clip, align it, and pop it in easily. Worked for me.

I had heard about the accumulation of dirt under the car. I took your advice and pulled the plastic panel open more and looked inside. I saw the pins. I lined them up and pushed it back in. Looks good now. Interestingly, I saw these 3 plastic caps that popped open (see pic). I just pushed it shut with a click. I wondered why it popped open. I can’t imagined that it was left open when it was built.

Thanks all for your input. Great forum.

Attachments

• B8FDA36D-2EDA-46A9-8133-69A6628D3CD0.jpeg
    B8FDA36D-2EDA-46A9-8133-69A6628D3CD0.jpeg
    293.4 KB · Views: 70