Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Salvage certificate and updates

Vlad_zp

Jun 25, 2019
Ukraine
Good afternoon! I bought m3 long range dm from an insurance auction and delivered it to Ukraine, it has a salvage certificate. Will the auto have automatic updates? Wifi option present, internet work. Will updates be downloaded by wi-fi? Now software version is: v9.0 (2018.50.6 4rc03ed)
Thanks

towndrunk

Jun 2, 2018
Fargo, ND
Rich Rebuilds (YouTube channel) had trouble with a flooded S he rebuilt. The biggest problem? He wasn't able to buy parts from Tesla.

I don't recall anything mentioned about updates tho.

Vlad_zp

Jun 25, 2019
Ukraine
Today worked tunnel in, but wifi often turns off. I need to turn it back on in the settings, select my access point and click “connect”.

XLR82XS

D M C
Jul 26, 2019
SWFL | Vegas
According to what 3 people involved with crashed/salvaged Teslas, Tesla will not provide software updates and/or support to a vehicle that has been branded/salvaged/deemed total loss.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC