Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Not Receiving Pushed Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a HW4 Model Y with the Ryzen MCU delivered in July 2023. I've an issue automatically downloading updates since I bought the car and I've not seen this with any other Tesla vehicles I've owned.

In my 6 months of ownership of this car, it has never notified me that there is a software update available. The only way for me to do software updates is to manually go to the software tab and do a check for updates. It seems like the car is unable to be "pushed" a software update and download one on it's own volition.

I was wondering if other HW4 Ryzen Model Ys had this issue at all.

Try setting you Software Update Preference to Advanced and see if that helps. Also from the manual (page 184):

Software updates are not performed when the following features are active:

• Keep Climate On, Dog Mode, or Camp Mode

• Sentry Mode

Try setting you Software Update Preference to Advanced and see if that helps. Also from the manual (page 184):

Software updates are not performed when the following features are active:

• Keep Climate On, Dog Mode, or Camp Mode

• Sentry Mode
Mine is currently set to advanced, and at home in my garage climate is off, dog mode is off, and sentry mode is off.

That's interesting. How do you "check for updates"? I don't seem to have that option.

Thanks.
It's not really a button, but when you go to the "Software Tab" in the vehicle menu (where it tells you what version you're on), once every 24 hours it will check for updates when you open that tab.

Reactions: Jaymc5