Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SALVAGE MODEL S/X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there, I was hoping to get this done as well. If you don't mind me asking, which service center did you have this checked out at and what was the damage that caused the salvaged title originally?

I have a model S that had some front end/fender damage and am afraid that it would a roll of the dice to spend that money to not get certified.

I use the Tulsa Oklahoma service center, which won't be of much use to you. As far as I understand it, any problems are correctable except for damage to the battery pack. Not sure that that's absolutely true, but that's my understanding. Somewhere online there is a list of what constitutes excessive damage to the battery pack. Basically he got us to be dented in somewhere to a fairly good degree to be a problem. I understand some service centers reject them for scratches that are deep. But, mine had a few scratches on it, nothing severe. Obviously no dents.

Mine is a long story. Tesla serviced it as a warranty vehicle for more than 5 years, and it had a standard title while I was in Washington state. When we moved here the new system in place marked it as salvage. Even though no insurance company ever totaled it, it was sold at a junkyard and apparently that now makes it salvage title. Somewhere in the last few years this Nationwide standard has come out. It put me in a bad place! The image was to the right side. The guy side swiped a short post.