Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SAMSUNG T7 SSD ISSUE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm actually using the original USB stick that came with the car. I don't feel the need to store hours of footage of people walking by my car in the parking lot ;)

But I do know that the T7 comes with a rubberized outside shell which I would imagine provides some friction and probably won't slide too much. Also, the drive is very rugged, you can drop it from 10ft with absolutely no damage. Since it's a solid state drive (aka no moving parts), vibrations and shifting around won't affect anything either. The only concern (a minor one at that) would be if it tugs on the cable... but simple solution here is just to get a slightly longer cable so the drive can travel the whole length of the glove box without straining the cable.

I'd also imagine you already have other stuff in your glove box like manual or insurance docs or whatever else. That would keep the drive's travel to a minimum.

If you're feeling paranoid, you could get one of those gripper pads for opening jars and stick it underneath or cut out a square of cabinet liner. If you go the more "permanent" route you can use stick-on velcro strips.
I got the SSD Samsun’s from the sale link provided and will you the set up. I live in New Jersey and a lot of Tesla haters. Great to know this will work or try to make it work for my 2022 MYP that arrived last week.

T5 and T7 work in my 2021 but they have more video glitches than an endurance micro SD. Which brings up a question. I still get some video glitches after trying a dozen different types of storage but they only happen with sentry mode clips. I absolutely never get any glitches on dashcam: only sentry.

So... since it is common knowledge that sentry clips are just dashcam clips that have been moved, how is it that I only get video artifacts in sentry clips and never dashcam clips? System running on low power when recording with the car not fully turned on and it doesn't have enough power? Doesn't make sense to me.

Mike

T5 and T7 work in my 2021 but they have more video glitches than an endurance micro SD. Which brings up a question. I still get some video glitches after trying a dozen different types of storage but they only happen with sentry mode clips. I absolutely never get any glitches on dashcam: only sentry.

So... since it is common knowledge that sentry clips are just dashcam clips that have been moved, how is it that I only get video artifacts in sentry clips and never dashcam clips? System running on low power when recording with the car not fully turned on and it doesn't have enough power? Doesn't make sense to me.

Mike
That has been our experience too. I’d guess it has to do with the way some systems are off or power is reduced to minimize vampire drain.